130 gallon fx5 & hw-304b input & output placement

kim91

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2016
Santa Ana
Here's my setup and placement as of now and not sure if i did it right or wrong so can someone give me some advice on placing the input and output for my two canister filter which is fx5 and sunsun hw-304b with one powerhead and internal filter, where should i point the powerhead?

I will be having a Jardini for this tank. Tank is 130 gallon 6x2x1.5

Also some advice on water flow and current for jardinis

Thank you

image2(1).JPG

image1(1).JPG

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Kind of have to see where stuff settles. Im not using the same filters but i would set them up in a way where the intake where opposite of the returns. So the flow from the returns and your power head are pushing debris toward the intakes

Reactions: millerkid519

david yurik

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2011
northeast ohio
i use two sunsun's also. the filter under the stand on the left intakes on the right third of the tank then discharges in the back left corner. the right filter does the opposite. it's intake is on the left third and it discharges on the back right corner. i also got rid of the spray bar and only have that upside down u shaped discharge into the tank. i didn't do any flow tests but i think it increases the flow rate through the cannister. plus it makes the tank look alot cleaner.

i also do the two heater thing both located right next to the intake tubes. i have lots of cross flow from side to side. i dont like that surface filter so i put an HOB on the back center. over all it looks pretty clean and i am very happy with the flow and filtration.

hope that helps.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store