135/75 gallon build

ElectricBlueSeanBurch

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
Panaque Paradise
I love the setup. It is basicly the same setup I have been running through my head, but with amazing JC touch. Keep us up to date!!!

Jc1119

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl

Oscar Mike

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2010
CA
I've been looking forward to seeing this setup (especially the plumbing) but man those backgrounds really turned out great. You would expect them to have the same pattern but I can't even tell where the seams are in those pics. When is the ghost supposed to be delivered?

Jc1119

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl
Appreciate the kind words! Not real sure when the Ghost is being delivered. I think they are in the weeds a bit since MACNA. I may just drive down and take one lol. Already paid for it, so…..

A few updates, but some of the pics are a little dark (apologies). The first pic of the return going up the left side of the tank is kinda lousy, but basically from the output of the pump, flow goes through the swing check up to the top of the 135 where I have a 1" bulkhead mounted.. The return is actually kinda hidden in the 3d wall and at the point where the pipe passes the stand, there is a sch 80 union. The pipe going into the bulkhead is not glued, just wrapped with thread tape for a tight seal, and the pipe coming out of the pump is hand tightened as well. This means I can loosen the union and remove the entire return in 2 separate pieces. Normally I would just glue a return in place, but I figure the clear plumbing will need some periodic cleaning. 1 1/2" return line.

The Diablo 5500 itself is fitted on the input side to a 4x4x2" pvc tee with a test cap glued into the bottom and a piece of 4" pipe sticking out the top. All pieces are glued but once again, thread tape and hand tightened to the pump for easy removal. The pipe and tee will hold a laundry bag with about 2-3 liters of media and will have sponges cut to cover the intake. Since there isn't a whole lot of water that will be in the overflow itself, because it's so small, the difference in sump level from on and off will only be an inch or so. I'll be able to keep the water level pretty high.

Eggcrate on the other side which holds the sock. Going to build another tee/pipe combo to hide the actual sock itself and direct the flow in whatever direction I need. Probably 4" as well. None of the lighting or pump cables are hidden yet either. That will be the last thing I do before I get it wet.

Sand is a mix of PFS and some african cichlid sand which has a fair amount of black to break things up. About 80/20 mix, but I'll be adding more once I start adding plants. 2 pretty large driftwood pieces will be going in the 75 and about 6 or 7 pieces in the 135.

Ill get some daylight shots tomorrow for a better look at the return itself and the controller for the pump, which is mounted on the stand on the same side.

DSC_7750.JPG

DSC_7741.JPG

DSC_7744.JPG

DSC_7738.JPG

Rayne

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2010
Love it so far man. Very clean and well thought out. Keep it up!

Jc1119

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl
Thanks!

Ghost is shipping Dec. 5, so things will slow down for a minute. Hate having up wait. I have no patience with things like this ...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Jc1119

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl
Thanks!

Ghost is shipping Dec. 5, so things will slow down for a minute. Hate having to wait. I have no patience with things like this ...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

PDRed302

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2011
Fort Worth Texas
Looking awesome and great concept, I'm interested to see how it all works out!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store