135 Gallon Stocking With Anglefish And Pleco

That Trinindad Pleco

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2022
Hi, I have a 135 which has had fish in it for about 3 weeks now and was some cycling over a month ago. This tank is 72×18.5x23.5 and is my biggest tank as of now. The fish that got me into fish keeping was the Common/Trinindad Pleco and my current stocking is
10x Black Neon Tetras
3x Assorted Anglefish
1x 9" Trinindad Pleco
2x Female Bettas
If You Have Any Recommendations for community fish, like a type of cory catfish that would be greatly appreciated thank you.

TheViciousBitch

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2022
Hey, I have Adolfoi Corys, and I like them way better than all the gray and black ones. They are white, orange, and black.

with that big of a tank, you might want to consider discus or EBAs.

Plenty of other options, but I would take advantage of all that space and add some larger fish!

That Trinindad Pleco

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2022
Well the Trinindad Pleco gets about 15-18” in home aquariums but sometimes bigger when in a bigger tank. The angles also decent sized. I have considered Discus but I’m not ready to take on 6-8 of them for over 250 bucks yet. I do like the Adolfoi Corys though, I’ll see if I can 6 of them as well. Any other ideas?

Reactions: Crreader

TheViciousBitch

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2022
Well the Trinindad Pleco gets about 15-18” in home aquariums but sometimes bigger when in a bigger tank. The angles also decent sized. I have considered Discus but I’m not ready to take on 6-8 of them for over 250 bucks yet. I do like the Adolfoi Corys though, I’ll see if I can 6 of them as well. Any other ideas?
Are you thinking small schooling fish? I LOVE my scarlet badis. So much personality. Other than that, I love rasboras. Look into all the various types - I love chili, lampchop, and emerald the best. But I have Galaxy (CPDs) right now too.
You could always doo groups of kribs and a few varieties of Apistos. Lots of personality and color. I have 6 Apistos in a 35 gallon, 3 double red and 3 Mcmaster red Shoulder. You could do a lot more, in such a huge tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store