135 Oceanic Build!

BigCountry

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Going hiking for a few days this weekend so I went ahead and installed an ato (auto top off system). been meaning to do it but used the trip as motivation. now all the wife has to do is feed the fish...

Got the float switch kit via autotopoff.com and the 7g water container from relianceproducts.com. then picked up another 19 dollar water fall pump (same one I used for the scrubber) at lowes.

Also won 100 bucks last weekend in neighborhood poker so I picked up a few more LPS at the local fish store, 6 pieces - 2 brains (favia and favite), 2 galaxia, 1 zoa colony and 1 caulastrea (candy coral). The guy hooked me up, I am in good with a few of the floor salesmen, well at least they make me feel like I am...haha:beer:

Getting green coralline now...I have multiple colors of that stuff....the green is popping everywhere, like the purple was weeks ago. Hopefully it will turn to purple, that looks more appealing to me personally.

For anyone following this thread. get a kick *** skimmer and a RO/DI unit. All credit goes to those 2 pieces of gear in this build. literally. I dunno what i would do without those...

Matt S

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2012
Mass
Not a salt man but seeing this is making me seriously think of switching my 180 gallon to salt awesome build amazing tank just great work keep it up !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

rusland005

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2011
Here, there, everywhere.
Nice one. I don't know if it's already been said but egg crate under a sand bed is not a good idea. It does **** to help with weight on the bottom of the tank and the main thing is it's going to harvest nitrates over time, never mind the fact it limits what livestock you can have (ie any sand sifting gobies won't take kindly to it), it's an old wifes tale using egg crate. But it's in now I suppose....

All the best, looking good so far :thumbsup:

BigCountry

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Came home from work today and the female clown was hosting in the bicolored condy anemone. Interesting...lol I watched her for months eye ball this thing and get closer and closer but I did not think this type anemone would let her host! Clown fish....they rock :D

she has been laying her eggs inside that rock cave for the last 5-6 months or so (their old anemone host, that red large bubble tip was footed in that rock cave, it got sick so I had to remove it :( ), the 3 of them get along, but at night, only the pair is allowed in the rock cave hehe

lots of purple and a kenya tree doing well (grew this from the size of a quarter). these LEDs grow the mess out of some purple coralline....

need to hit the store for snails and hermits to clean this sand....been saying that for months now lol

also need more scrubber. these things work great. but mine needs to be 3x larger...lol

BigCountry

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2009
Charlotte, NC
also sorry ive not posted anything in a LONG time. tank has been sorta in auto pilot mode. :D

I got a real kick out of that clown hosting that condy today so it motivated me to take and show some pics!

BigCountry

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2009
Charlotte, NC

have about 6-7 of these small feather dusters growing

scypha sponges

BigCountry

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2009
Charlotte, NC
ok it's official, my old cannon point and shoot does not take good pictures...lol

here is one from my new GS3 phone, much better pulling the color out! SEXY

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store