135 Oceanic Build!

BigCountry

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Build is completed! Was able to salvage the LED moonlights from the CF fixture that fried. Also added 2 more powerheads.

The stain was darker than I was expecting, but I can live with it....I have not stained cheap wood in a long time, so lesson learned - always get a few shades lighter than what you think you need....lol :D

BigCountry

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Finally figured out how to work my camera....lol

Added 2 emerald crabs, a LTA and a dwarf angel (which is hard to photo, it WILL not stay still, which is a good thing thats the nature of the fish). I tried a powder blue tang off liveaquaria (29.99 Weekly Special) but lost it in my QT. That fish is definitely not for rookies like me, it's a tricky ich plagued fish it seems. Flip side is it's so beautiful of a fish its very tempting to try, and bruise egos...

Tank is going awesome. The LTA is doing really well (looks magnificent in the blue lights) considering I almost lost if the first 24 hours due to way too much water flow (blew it off a rock and it floating into a powerhead!).

I am over my diatom phase, lasted about 5 days. I have a few cool blennies via liveaquaria coming tomorrow, will get some pics of those if they make it.

BigCountry

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Thanks ialt. It's getting there. I have done a few things wrong and a few things right, so hopefully it will balance out. :D

Added 3 blennies via liveaquaria.com - a canary, sandhopper and a MONSTER starry. I was not expecting the starry to be this large....I am definitely a little stressed about keeping this thing fed atm...lol

$16.99 for it though via Weekly Specials so I am not complaining about it's size! I am a big fan of liveaquaria. Wholesale is definitely the way to go with this if your looking to get what you want and save money...

BigCountry

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2009
Charlotte, NC
now we are getting somewhere....getting great coralline growth under these LEDs.....I can see it growing daily, I might be in purple trouble here in a few months lol

2 varieties of zoas and and green button polyps

mushroom coral

chalice coral

hairy mushroom coral

bicolored condy anem (this is the best pic I have taken so far....:D)

cichlid_king

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2011
Fond du lac, Wisconsin
Nice dude, those corals look healthy and that nem is awesome!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store