14" Yellowtail Vatf n others

Payarakeeper

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2011
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Thats a beast of a fish ya got there! Very impressive, id love to see a feeding video. Im impressed he tolerates tankmates at that size.
He decides whether he likes a tankmate within the first night of introduction. He Tore out both of my tarpons eyes and ripped one of my tats to shreds.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Payarakeeper

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2011
Beautiful fish...how large on average will a Vit. get in an aquarium? What tank size would you recommend as a minimum?
Vatf tend to max about 24" average in captivity but up to 36" in the wild so expect anything.
Hes in a custom 300g wide tank for now which is actually pretty good surprisingly enough. But I would recommend 500g+ for single specimen long term.

Payarakeeper

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2011
By the way guys, life has put me on a unexpected path so this fella is available for sale within canada or to those who wanna drive up from the states and pick him up. Location burlington ontario. Price $900 OBO I am open to offers no trades sorry getting out of the hobby for now.

West1

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2007
Yep that's exactly how he acts as well as does laps for pellets. Spins, eats and then comes around again

Yeah man, I miss that Lol. Spins like a tornado, in and out while pellets fall to the floor (if any pellets make it) :)

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
I'm not understanding how this Gulper Payara thing is physically possible? Their stomach isn't the length of the fish. Do they fold them in half in there?

This is kind of disturbing news..... lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store