150 gallon tank, what catfish will fit?

Chinnavar

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2018
The Netherlands
I recently bought a second hand 6x2x2 tank which is practically brand new for a good price.

I wanted to put 2 oscars in it and a small school of spotted SD's. Now I was wondering if there is room for a cool catfish, I was thinking about raphaels or maybe pictus'.

But then again I dont know if it will be overcrowded or not, what do you guys think?

Man vs fish

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2017
That is actually a 180g, oscars are asshats so I dont really know what makes decent tank mates with them lol.

Chinnavar

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2018
The Netherlands
That is actually a 180g, oscars are asshats so I dont really know what makes decent tank mates with them lol.
Oh lol, she sold it off as a 150G, haven't seen the tank irl yet since i'll be picking it up tomorrow lol. If I put the tanks dimensions in the tank calculator it says the tank is a 170G.

But yeah, I don't want them chocking to death on anything too small and I don't think it's a good idea to put a giant catfish in it.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Pim blochii, ornates, bolt, lima and sturio are good options. Larger wood cats and jag catfish as well although you may not see them till lights out.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
All good options above, nemurus, ornate pim and Lima would be my three to pick from. ...
Or a nice royal pleco?

Reactions: Chinnavar

Chinnavar

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2018
The Netherlands
All good options above, nemurus, ornate pim and Lima would be my three to pick from. ...
Or a nice royal pleco?
I actually fell in love with the L095, but the chance that i will ever find one close enough for me to buy it is really, really slim sadly.

I'll take a look around if I can find any of the above mentioned cats around, my LFS dont have any cats except corys and a huge clarias batrachus.

Chinnavar

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2018
The Netherlands
Will get to large. Besides I think bolts look better, but that's an opinion.
I really like the look of the bolts, they really remind me of a shark haha. Is there anything I need to look out for when it comes to scaping the tank if i'll get one of those?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store