150 gallon

Moep621

Feeder Fish
May 20, 2018
Hey so i got a 150 gallon tank and i need some stocking suggestions. Ive kept enty of tanks in the past but only max before this was a 55. The 150 i got is the 6 foot one (long). Some of my conditions i guess you could say are
-id like big fish. A few that get to good size
-i like "weird" looking fish that have nice color (who doesnt)
-i really like a ghost knife fish, humphead geophagus, and catfish but im not limited to them at all
Please leave lots of suggestions. Thanks!

Davidiator

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
At home
Actually I am doing the same thing... I've decided on:

1 M GT
4 F GT
1 M Bristlenose
2 F Bristlenose
20 BA Tetras
4 Pictus Cats

Reactions: Stephen St.Clair

CaranxIgnobilis

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2007
Hawaii
Toxotes Blythii "clouded archers" are kind of different and interesting top dwellers. Not too sure how big they get, but everything I have read suggests 6".

Reactions: Davidiator

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Hey so i got a 150 gallon tank and i need some stocking suggestions. Ive kept enty of tanks in the past but only max before this was a 55. The 150 i got is the 6 foot one (long). Some of my conditions i guess you could say are
-id like big fish. A few that get to good size
-i like "weird" looking fish that have nice color (who doesnt)
-i really like a ghost knife fish, humphead geophagus, and catfish but im not limited to them at all
Please leave lots of suggestions. Thanks!
Argentine humphead geo,pair of needlefish,
Centipede knifefish, group of elephant nose,imperial flower loach

Reactions: Davidiator

FLA

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2017
You have so many great options. I really like the blythii idea. If you aren't opposed to brackish scats and monos fit the bill for large, odd, and nicely colored. I like fire eels they are pretty personable. Erythrinus are another cool unusual fish. A fahaka is good large fish. Some of the medium size pikes would be cool in there. For schooling fish you might be pushing it on size but I like the pink tailed chalceus, or a little smaller mascara barbs are cool if you can find them. Water cows are odd but not colorful if you want a big goby. You could probably spawn jade gobies in there.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store