Bubbles_n_worms

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
New hampshire
Hey folks!
I am the proud new owner of a gorgeous 150g! In keeping with my freshwater fanaticism, i'm looking for ideas, pictures, or items. I have so many ideas floating around in my head it's hard for me to figure out what's going to work. I'll start out by saying that I love the look of the scene in Harry Potter prisoner of Azkaban, The whipping tree.*See photo. I got a great deal on a piece of driftwood yesterday *see picture. I was thinking of making little bonsai trees out of driftwood and dwarf baby tears. I also love hairgrass. I have great LED lights high-powered I do not have a diffuser yet, and would like to try not have to buy one. But if the ideas right I could sway towards CO2 .
The fish that will be going in to the 150 Are

1. Black ghost knife 6"
2. African butterfly 4"
3. X2 friendly peaceful African cichlids .4"
4. X2 clown loach 3"&4"
5. Rubber lip pleco
6. Clown Plenco
7. X4 CorYdoras
8. Gold dojo loach sm
9. x2 Longfin blue rams
10. Opaline Gourami lg
11. Blue Gourami Med
12. Rainbow shark lg
13. X2 koi angel fish lg
14. Blood Parrot sm
15.Brown ghost knife 6"(possibly)
He did not get along with black ghost knife in 55g. Will introduce them simultaneously to the 150, and see how things turn out. The black is larger and stronger then the brown now,but the brown was relentless with terrorizing the black at 3";when I first introduced him into the Browns life long territory. The brown is currently in a 20 gallon. He does well in his cave. But this home was a temporary fix. Crossing fingers so I can break down my 55G and not have to keep it for the brown ghost.

So now that you all have the information let me know what you think ! I'm also up for any suggestions on new fish.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

boldtogether

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2008
chino hills, california
First off....last two pics made me cringe a little...just finished a marathon..hahahah!!
I abviously don't need to say you need filtration for said stocking which is moderate for this size aquarium. ...but you didn't mention it. I would right from the start recommend adding more Clown Loaches...like 3-4 at least...and plants may be in jeopardy. ..the Angels, CL, and plecos may keep you busy with the greens. As far as the lighting, I always advocate subdued lighting, I like the dramatic effect and the fish seem less timid.......but a planted aquarium is a different story...so I really don't want to comment on CO2 and all that...but I will say that if you are going for the aquascaped look with grass and trees and a blue sky background, maybe you should go for the full blown planted tank setup.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store