150g Predator Tank

krausch

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2012
wisconsin
That's a really beautiful tank, that's too bad about the undulate, that is a gorgeous fish. Is the trigger in another one of your set ups now?
Very nice still

Fish Fingers

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
Australia
Thanks Mate, sadly the Trigger's now been swapped for a couple of bunches of Xenia:(. Even though a stunning fish she was turning into a real terror and I couldn't house her in my other tanks (brackish and FW). At least all my other fish can now get a good nights rest in the rocks without worrying about being bitten in half.

~ocean

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 12, 2009
Stoon
Sick tank! I was just about to say; your undy will kill every living thing in that tank when she gets a lill bigger. Good choice on the swap; undulates are the bastards of the reefs. But that tuskfish (aussie by the looks of it) looks real nice! Keep us filled on your tank; it's beautiful.

Fish Fingers

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
Australia
Thanks ocean, yeah I sort of knew what I was getting into with the Trigger but my Sailfin's really bossy and except for the Cinnamon clown had been the only fish in the tank for 5 years. I had to break the ice with a very tough and not expensive fish as it's very territorial and there would've been no way a new HTF or Angel or Tang would've coped. Kind of worked, the 2" Undy stood up to the 8" Tang's tail slaps and fin biting and allowed me to slip more fish in over time. Probably not really a big enough tank for a Sailfin to but I've had him for 17 years and can't even bear to think of passing him on. Not allowed to get a bigger tank either!:irked:

Fish Fingers

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
Australia
Ok, time for some more pics! The tank's evolved from a fowlr to a more of a mixed reef type display with the addition of more soft and lps corals and an updated cuc consisting of hermits, snails and starfish. My 6 year old son's starting to take up a keen interest in reef keeping which is wonderful and Friday is now called "Aquarium day" as I finish work early, pick him up from school and we hit the couple of LFS nearby.

bennyskinfield

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2010
Dayton Ohio
Thats looking great man. Its also cool you and your son can enjoy the hobby together.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Fish Fingers

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
Australia
Water parameters have been pretty good over the last couple of months, and I feed very heavily. The Aquamaxx Biopellets are obviously performing well with No4 at 0 and Po4 <0.1, they're also a fair bit cheaper than some of the other brands. Alk's been stable, usually between 8-9 dkh, Calc's around 440 and I've upped the Mg to 1560mg to help knock off a little Bryopsis that's popped up. I also added approx. 20lb of primo LR since the above pics and few more more corals, mainly Fungias as they're fun to feed and hardy and some fluoro green Sinularia. Also got a BTA for the clown as she loved here Crispa Anemone I had many years ago but so far she hasn't been interested in hosting. Anyway cheers for now! :)

Fish Fingers

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
Australia
Thats looking great man. Its also cool you and your son can enjoy the hobby together.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Thanks benny, I'm really happy that he's taken such a keen interest and has already learnt quite a bit about marine life and biology, only problem is stopping him from wanting to buy the whole shop! :thumbsup:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store