18" silver + 5" jardini?

slimjimlim

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2013
Colorado
It all depends on the fish. I have 1 jardini and 2 silver in a 125g (grow out tank) the silvers are outgrowing the jardini. Silvers are about 8 and the jardini is about 6 and they are one big happy fan! well the silvers are a least , can't get them away from each other but the jardini does his own thing and joins the pack sometimes. I do know that everyone says once the jardini gets to be about 8-12 they go on a rampage but who knows... I'm gonna have to see for myself but as of right now they are perfectly fine with each other. Keep in mind i did get them in the same tank at a young age when they were about 3in , so give it a try and just keep an eye on them and see how it goes! And i have a question for you , are u feeding your silver live feeders? I read that keeping them away from live food can help with their aggression but who know if that is true hahah

domingos.44

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2012
cambridge on
If your gonna add one you ned to add two if it just the silver and jardini they will fight if you have 3 they won't fight my 30 inch silver would beat the heck poo ut of my 15 inch jardini until I added my 20 inch rtg then they all got along

Sent from my SGH-I747M using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
I've seen a 13 inch silver get raped by a 4 inch jardini but this silver was was as kind as can be. The silver had to be rehomed for it would have surely died that night.

Jtruong

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2013
Boston
so have you tried? i have a 8 inch jardini comtemplating to put it with my 20" blue arowana.

jechrz

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2013
Canada
Used to have a 10" Silver Arowana (very peaceful) and I tried to house it with my 6" RTG. First two weeks was good until the RTG gained a bit of momentum and almost beat the silver to death. Then I made my decision to just keep the RTG, who just simply isn't afraid of anything (which include my hands when feeding) and I traded in my silver. It takes trial and error and is a big risk to take when trying to house multiple arowanas although like aeri said, just have a spare tank just in case they don't co-exist or maybe a tank divider if you still want to give it a shot, and yes, individual fish personality is another huge factor.

MattyA

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2013
Australia
I love how many people on here talk about how evil Jardini's are but have never had one. They just keep repeating what they read. And the next guy repeats it. And the next guy repeats it. Some are, some aren't. It just depends on the individual fish. I had mine with Discus. He never read MFK to find out how evil he was.
Perfectly said, I have two jars, one at 18" and one at 12" and they are both placid, at the moment the two jars are together in a 8x2x2 with 3 little 10" peacock bass and not a hassle at all, the 18" jar hasn't done anything that even remotely makes him look scary or tough, and the 12" has just fin nipped my dovii and thats it. The aggressiveness of jars is well and truly over exaggerated IMO.

To answer the OP's question, I would think the silver aro will end up with a tasty snack, but hey, you never know unless you try, they might be best of friends or worst enemies.

Owens

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2012
Southern Maryland
I love how many people on here talk about how evil Jardini's are but have never had one. They just keep repeating what they read. And the next guy repeats it. And the next guy repeats it. Some are, some aren't. It just depends on the individual fish. I had mine with Discus. He never read MFK to find out how evil he was.

Yeah, they have a bad rap. I have a 24" Jar with all kinds of things and he is fine.

To the OP; The jar is much too small, very high chance of him getting eaten.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store