180 gal sarasa comet tank

DeLgAdO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2005
Chula Vista, CA (San Diego)
www.myspace.com
wut up guys!!, ok i need alittle suggestion here ok i almost have enough $$$$$ for a another 72'' x 24'' x24'' 180 gallon acrylic tank i didnt want to spend alot money on a new pump so i went diggin through some junk and i found a RIO 32 HF (1920 gph) i got afew years ago for x-mas, its never been used and brand new, its also very energy efficient, only runs on 115 watts. Would this be too strong on a tank of this size even if i could get the flow evenly distributed thoughout the tank??? i plan to use a BIG!! wet-dry with this pump, i did some simple division and it will cycle the tank about 10 times, 8 times if you count the water volume in the wet dry. Large Gold fish are oxygen consuming machines, and **** factorys so i hope this works.

If this works its gunna be one hell of a filtration system.

ill see wut i can dig out in the buy and sell forums about a wet- dry

ill just go order a wet-dry if i dont find anything.

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
Plumb it with PVC and put a bunch or re-directional flows.. You could create some sort of reverse flow undergravel filter, along with multiple other filtration methods if you can re-direct a large amount of flowing water.

I have a 3500gph pump on one sump, which about 2800gph of that is re-directed by butterfly valves back into the sump into an undergravel filtration system and biological media.. Then I use the same pump to re-direct a flow of water to my veggie filter that sits above the sump.. ;)

repair

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Indy
I like to turn the tank 8-10 times an hour. In my 265 I flow 1600 gph through the wet/dry and 1000gph through the aquaclears and I have 2 power heads that flow 900 gph.

A lot of my fish will swim in the current. All the water flow is at the top of the tank and I have tubes that alow the power heads to draw their water from the bottom of the tank. The aquaclears have an extra section of pick up tube on them so they draw from near the bottom and I put my heaters an inch away from the AQ pick up tubes so it heats the tank evenly, I tried them in the sump and it seams like they get a coating on them and you need to run it warmer that usual to get the same temp in the tank ....80 in the sump is around 76 in the tank

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store