180G SA Community Tank

raj914

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2013
Philippines
Hello,

I am looking to set up a "peaceful" 180G SA community tank with 100G sump.

This are the stocking list that I have in mind.

Different types of 6 Severums, 6 Geos, 1 EBA, 1 Cupid, 4-5 Silver dollars, 1-2 plecos.

Can you suggest or add anything that are also "peacful"?

Thank you.

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

raj914

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2013
Philippines
I forgot to mention that I will be using fine white sand as a substrate, driftwoods, river rock, dried indian almond leaves as decoration. I haven't decided on lighting set up yet, suggestions are welcome as long as they are available on this part.

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Hello,

I am looking to set up a "peaceful" 180G SA community tank with 100G sump.

This are the stocking list that I have in mind.

Different types of 6 Severums, 6 Geos, 1 EBA, 1 Cupid, 4-5 Silver dollars, 1-2 plecos.

Can you suggest or add anything that are also "peacful"?

Thank you.
You should cut back on that list; remember that most Severums get large, not just long, but also tall. Maybe do something like this: 1 (Possibly 2, but that would be pushing it) severum, 4-6 Geos, 4-5 Silver Dollars, and one pleco. Choose your favorites and work around those. I know you have a large sump, which is excellent as you can get maximum filtration, but still, I think it's better to cut back. Remember, understocking is way better than overstocking, even when the tank is mature.

Good luck! :D

Reactions: raj914

Friller2009

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2021
Australia
I'd ditch the SDs.
They do best in large schools and get spooked easily. Don't want to come to a fish with a bashed in head.
As duanes said those sevs plus a couple geos would put you at full capacity. He knows his stuff.
What species of geo are you planning on running? Some get much larger than others

raj914

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2013
Philippines
I'd ditch the SDs.
They do best in large schools and get spooked easily. Don't want to come to a fish with a bashed in head.
As duanes said those sevs plus a couple geos would put you at full capacity. He knows his stuff.
What species of geo are you planning on running? Some get much larger than others
I really want Altifrons.

Also eyeing on True parrot but it is very hard to soure.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store