18lb Grass Carp

JasonsPlecosCichlids

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2010
Kentucky
jasonsplecoscichlids.com
Masa06;4227260; said:
I thought that was a grass?^^ But bread will work? and how could i locate them in a small pond without bluegills or bass getting em first?
It is a Grass Carp :)

Bread will work but not on every grass carp, just need to experiment a little. Gills will attack it so you just need to keep tossing it out till a grassy takes ahold of it.

Masa06

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
what if they dont eat? any bait substitutes? I was told they only ate grass though hmm

JasonsPlecosCichlids

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2010
Kentucky
jasonsplecoscichlids.com
Masa06;4228083; said:
what if they dont eat? any bait substitutes? I was told they only ate grass though hmm
Thats false. They do eat it but its not the only thing. You can try bagels, cherry maters, grass, leaves, flowers, etc. There was an aristocrat pear tree hanging over the water and the grass carp were smashing them. I took a small piece of bread about the same size of the flowers and gave it a toss, within a few minutes a carp was headed straight to me, and this is it below and its the current pending WLCR Grass Carp on 2lb test. :headbang2

warmouth

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2008
missouri
MasterB;4228217;4228217 said:
Thats false. They do eat it but its not the only thing. You can try bagels, cherry maters, grass, leaves, flowers, etc. There was an aristocrat pear tree hanging over the water and the grass carp were smashing them. I took a small piece of bread about the same size of the flowers and gave it a toss, within a few minutes a carp was headed straight to me, and this is it below and its the current pending WLCR Grass Carp on 2lb test. :headbang2

Awesome I love catching carp....my friends are all into Bass and Catfish, but Im definately working on them. Nothing Ive ever caught fights like a carp.

wolffishlover

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 24, 2010
usa
warmouth;4235539; said:
Awesome I love catching carp....my friends are all into Bass and Catfish, but Im definately working on them. Nothing Ive ever caught fights like a carp.
shooting em with a bow is better though:D:headbang2

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store