2 BGK 12+

HugeGhost

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2006
California
I have 2 and they are in a divided tank! My question is that i just heard that 2 will always fight but 3 or 5 will be fine together?
I am skeptical since i have had these fish and 2 will fight to the death nonstop in the daytime!
I would totally get another huge one if 3 will cohabitat, i have been wanting to breed them forever!

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
From what I hear...if you put a lot in a tank together, they kind of "short circuit" each other with their electrical field that they put out.

HugeGhost

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2006
California
Well i am able to get a third jumbo ghost knife, anybody know if 3 will work has anybody actually tried it!

fishdude666

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2006
australia
stick to male and female. not quite as violent.

and in a big tank.they don't fight (much)

killerfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
colorado
well try it if you have a divider you could breack them up pretty fast but i've heard that some totally don't care about each other but i have seen them fight they really do best singally but if theres enough cover they might be fine but could fight or have trouble at night

HugeGhost

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2006
California
fwlion;814744; said:
O and they are NATURAL loners anyway they would never encounter another one except during breeding
I was unaware of that in the wild.

I think i found a big female that has taken a liking to the only male in the group! I have my eye on them and have just seprated them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store