MFK Member
Feb 27, 2012
Cincinnati

fook

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2010
us
I should say...I don't correct them in front of customers. They know me pretty well. A few of them can probably even tell who it is when I call without me even having to tell them. So I'm usually pretty decent to them and in return they don't even try the usual lfs crap with me and they usually give me pretty decent deals. I was kind of amused once....the stores in the central part of my state draw customers from all over because there aren't many other stores. I once asked an owner how many customers they had with the size of tanks that I have (because he calls me the crazy guy). He said there are exactly six of us that they know of in the entire central part of our state and all the owners know who we all are. I kind of chuckled to myself. That's an exclusive and possibly crazy club. :D

VIPER006962948

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2012
West Frankfort Il, 62896
I should say...I don't correct them in front of customers. They know me pretty well. A few of them can probably even tell who it is when I call without me even having to tell them. So I'm usually pretty decent to them and in return they don't even try the usual lfs crap with me and they usually give me pretty decent deals. I was kind of amused once....the stores in the central part of my state draw customers from all over because there aren't many other stores. I once asked an owner how many customers they had with the size of tanks that I have (because he calls me the crazy guy). He said there are exactly six of us that they know of in the entire central part of our state and all the owners know who we all are. I kind of chuckled to myself. That's an exclusive and possibly crazy club. :D
That sounds like my lfs "Dees Pets" in Marion, il

Tank Setup - 135gal, fx5, mag350, korilla 4, 3 silver dollars, 3 Red blood parrots, 12" Green severum, 10 coreys (3 emerald & 7 swarts), 2 black spotted eels, 22" fire eel, 24" clown knife, sun catfish, and leopard plaeco

jasonminner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2012
Dover, DE
The previous owners new me...they would constanly order feeder guppies for me, since my fish are pigs!

snowhnter

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2009
West Virginia, USA
This isn't even the slightest bit surprising. I correct lfs people often enough that some of them now ask me for info sometimes.
I've had this happern more than one time. I was in my LFS and someone called in to ask a question, the owner put the guy on hold and yelled for me from across the store. He has also sent his customers to me to ask on a certain species. That being said, the guys at my LFS are very knowledgible but are not afraid to admit when they aren't sure about something. The owner is a mega SW guy, his partner is big into planted and community FW, and the third guy is just an all around type. Between the 3 they can tell you just about anything you wanna know, they just might need some time to converse. They aren't too familiar with the MONSTERS, but they will tell people how big they get. All in all really good guys and a good LFS.

fook

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2010
us
I've had this happern more than one time. I was in my LFS and someone called in to ask a question, the owner put the guy on hold and yelled for me from across the store. He has also sent his customers to me to ask on a certain species. That being said, the guys at my LFS are very knowledgible but are not afraid to admit when they aren't sure about something. The owner is a mega SW guy, his partner is big into planted and community FW, and the third guy is just an all around type. Between the 3 they can tell you just about anything you wanna know, they just might need some time to converse. They aren't too familiar with the MONSTERS, but they will tell people how big they get. All in all really good guys and a good LFS.
Sounds like a pretty decent lfs.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store