2 IT's the chase is on!

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
Fractal;3960131; said:
Yeah I did quite a bit of reading, but having kept more aggressive fish than datnoids before I wasn't totally ready for this type of aggression. With my old Jack Dempseys they'd beat the hell out of each other and then it's over after one cowers in the corner. Frankly I've had piranha's that were more friendly than this Datnoid lol.

I have an acrylic cube thing that I've already drilled holes in and plan to keep the little bastard in there.
I know what you mean.. ;) Tigers fighting/establishing rank, can go on for ages. especially if you only have 2. As soon as the dominant one declares himself No.1, he will still bully the other one continuaously if there are no others to spread aggression. So best to have 5 or more

good luck, keep us updated.:)

PufferFreak88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2009
San Marcos, CA
I got x15 Datnoid and they do fight somtimes after being fed but everytime they fight with each other my two Prochilodus tend to swim all over the tank and gets in the way and the datnoid fight stopped and they separated. Maybe try to add a few 2 silver dollars or 2 tin foil barbs might help.

Fractal

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
California
I have 5 rosy barbs in there with them and trust me when I say little bastard nips at them too. He's going into solitary confinement maybe a day or 2 in the hole he'll learn to play nice.

Scorponok

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2005
cybertron in cyberspace
Do they still fight when the tank lights are on? If the light makes them stop, turn it on whenever they fight. Soon they will be scared to fight cuz it will make the lights go on.

Fractal

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
California
So today I added 2 new pieces of driftwood. The 2 are still hiding, but it seems to have calmed #1 down. I'll give it a day or 2 and if doesn't change i'll put him in the jail cell.

They fight regardless of the lights being on or off.

The thing is he chases them into a corner, they stay there. Then occasionally when he gets bored he goes to that corner chases them around a little and then goes back to patrolling.

spwd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2008
leicester,england
sounds like a right little ****!
Do what the others say and get some more.

Steve

Fractal

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
California
Stop feeding the addiction LOL.

I'm seriously thinking about it cause adding the 3rd one helped a little with the aggression.

Okay 2 more and that makes 5 and that's it.

Fractal

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
California
K so I just picked up the 5 people have been saying. Wow what a change.

All 5 of them are out and about, full on stable and looking friggin awesome! I'm gona get a camera and get some pics going, too good not to share.

Thanks for the help guys.

megalops///

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2010
Fl
www.floridasportsman.com
I've got 14 of the little guys and they chase each other on and off, all day and all night long. I guess that's what they do when there young. Mine don't fight tho. Just an occasional nudge or push.

My AT is a real bass-turd though. He hates on everyone and everything.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store