2 month divide but is she pregnant

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
i actually have a question on this... so if you divide out a pregnant female. does she normally just sit there? its ok for there to be practically no swimming space? for example i have mine in my 300. if she gets pregnant i seperate her off from the others... 8 foot tank... so i prob would seperate 2-3 feet. this is enough space?
Your female is probably 12-28" that won't be enough Space why would you only give that much. Divide the tank in half the pups need space to move around as well and most probably die if she has a large litter. I would most definitely give her half the tank at least. A foot of moving space she might get stressed and abort the babies prematurely

Jesseliu13

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2012
Holmdel, NJ
Your female is probably 12-28" that won't be enough Space why would you only give that much. Divide the tank in half the pups need space to move around as well and most probably die if she has a large litter. I would most definitely give her half the tank at least. A foot of moving space she might get stressed and abort the babies prematurely
I just saw this. ok thanks! so is there a real need to divide the female out? I am building a 8x4 so im not that worried about swimming space. but making a divider for a plywood tank really risks scraping the epoxy/pondarmor.

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Congrats that I one Pregnant Ray ! You should start seeing little ripples of movement soon

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store