2 Week on Monday still not eating

rook45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
new jersey
Nic;1763222; said:
probally fresh imports.... he is has done that in the past.... gotta love the funny tape measure..... good luck rook....
I'm waiting to see what happens with this one. Then it's off to H2O.

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
rook45;1763231; said:
I'm waiting to see what happens with this one. Then it's off to H2O.
good mike dont mess around when it comes to rays.... all top notch

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
Rook, I cant belive the pictures he posted and the rays he actually sold you. What a jack ass.

Like everyone has said, stick with Mike over at H20 or Nick at NE-Cichlids. I've received top notch rays from both~!

StIcKy~RiCe

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 24, 2005
~ Laos ~
Did you hands pick this or he shipped it to you? just curious.

rook45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
new jersey
StIcKy~RiCe;1764007; said:
Did you hands pick this or he shipped it to you? just curious.
I wasn't able to pick which rays I wanted. He said that they came in and he shipped all of them out and held a pair for me. Then we set up a meeting at the airport. He told me the size of them before we met I told him I wanted bigger rays. That's when he told me the these were the only 2. If anybody followed this saga at a different site you'd understand I just wanted to get this transaction over with so I just took them without examining them. Later that night I read a post that said he had a couple of them at his place. I called that person and confirmed with them. I was told he had a couple of them there and they all looked great except one because of a filter problem or something.
I then knew that I got the worst rays out of the batch and he's a lier and a POS. Now he won't answer my email or pms. So I think it's safe to say he has no intention of replacing the male and he's just a bulls#itter.
I should have listened to Michael!

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
Rook, I followed that thread. I talked to him on the phone once during my search for my armatus (damn I miss that guy) and he said that his red-tails where just as good and were the same as armatus. This guy, on the phone with me, tried to make the other vendors look like crap like he does online and even, in a way, hinted at my ignorance on the fish. Now Im not saying Im smart and know anyhting but I have spent hours studying up on the hydrolycus species...ehh what a tool.

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
JD7.62;1764336; said:
Rook, I followed that thread. I talked to him on the phone once during my search for my armatus (damn I miss that guy) and he said that his red-tails where just as good and were the same as armatus. This guy, on the phone with me, tried to make the other vendors look like crap like he does online and even, in a way, hinted at my ignorance on the fish. Now Im not saying Im smart and know anyhting but I have spent hours studying up on the hydrolycus species...ehh what a tool.
every time i used to talk to him he would bash other members or vendors.... guy is pathetic.... has the ray shown any interest in black worms today? maybe try some ghost shrimps.... just put them in a seperate tank first and let them eat some massivore or something first....

rook45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
new jersey
I know all to well about his s#it talking. I haven't tried to feed her today because I just medicated the tank yesterday with general cure.

cichlaguapote

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2006
Pripyat, Ukraine
Miles;1760326; said:
Post the pix of the day they came in.. from the top too please..

I want to compare them to the pix you sent me.. you sure they the same rays?

That bottom side is so JACKED UP.. I have 2 thoughts

1) Bad Sand - Very abrasive and did massive drama
2) Bad Rays - he sent you crap rays but tried to cover up by sending pictures of healthy ones
That was my thought as well. As I've had that problem when I made a mistake with substrate once. But I'm not good enough to say whether it's that or something else you mentioned..

rook45;1763220; said:
He said he was going to make sure they were healthy and eating before meeting up with me. So they were with him for at least a week.
If you've seen pictures of his setup you'll realize that he can't keep all the fish he brings in til they eat. As he sells(or claims to) sell alot more fish then his setup would allow him to stock/keep/then sell days later. Maybe by chance that pair he kept for a week.. just for you.. but I'm thinking he tells everyone that if they ask..

JD7.62;1764336; said:
I've inquired with him so much.. wouldn't bring in anything other than normal stuff though.. no pbass, no armatus, etc.. Good news though black rays will be available in january!

rook45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
new jersey
another one bites the dust

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store