200 gallon pacu tank Hawaiian style

HumanBean

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2014
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Just sharing the Bolomans pacu tank folks! I recently returned to aquarium fish keeping and wanted to share my 200 gallon pacu tank. There are albino and black pacu fish in there ranging from 22-26 inches and thick. I run my own DIY 4 stage filtration system too. A Hamburg matten pre filter hides my DIY overflow/syphon/skimmer (stage 1) then water goes through a solids filter (stage 2) then gravity fed into wet/dry tower (stage 3) then into my barrel sump with more DIY moving bed filter media (stage 4) and a single pump returns back into tank. Any feedback is greatly appreciated! Mahalos for looking. Aloha Bolo

View attachment 1138999
Very imposing indeed. Tank gives a very bold statement

Reactions: Bolo Cortez

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
Reactions: Bolo Cortez

Bolo Cortez

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2015
I love your set up! Very simple and very imposing!
Aloha marlong! I got a sweet deal on the tank so figured I would try keeping big fish. Pacu are very interesting fish

Bolo Cortez

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2015
The albinos look awesome at that size. They must consume amazing amounts of food.
Aloha knh! Yea they do eat a lot! I make my own sinking feeds using good high protein pellets, fresh vegetables, some fruits, garlic and Knox gelatin. The bio load on these monsters are pretty significant but with the diy feed I minimize the load on the filters. Thanks again!

Bolo Cortez

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2015
Nice fish, nice filtration and welcome to MFK's
Mahalos wailua! You in Hawaii too? I'm on the big island and recently got back into the hobby. Been doing aquaponics with tilapia for a while and grabbed a few tanks and bam! I'm back into aquarium fish...lol Aloha my Hawaiian bradah!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store