210 gallon with anubias and one light

Irecruitfish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2016
Chicago area
So I have a 48" Fluval Aquasky on top of the tank and that's it with anubias barteri. How long would you recommend I leave the light on for these plants?

I'm not dosing the tank with any chemicals etc.

I also have pothos at the top which I still need to get a light setup for for now I'm using a recessed ceiling light.

I did add some duckweed and salvina yesterday.

Or is this light not strong enough for this setup? Do I need one more?

1000029337.jpg

Reactions: tlindsey

fishguy1978

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2020
Washington
So I have a 48" Fluval Aquasky on top of the tank and that's it with anubias barteri. How long would you recommend I leave the light on for these plants?

I'm not dosing the tank with any chemicals etc.

I also have pothos at the top which I still need to get a light setup for for now I'm using a recessed ceiling light.

I did add some duckweed and salvina yesterday.

Or is this light not strong enough for this setup? Do I need one more?

View attachment 1537364
10-14hrs

Irecruitfish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2016
Chicago area
Anubias are low light plants that grows slow. They are very prone to algae as well. I recommend 6-8 hours. 10-14 you're asking for algae. That light is good enough for anubias.
Okay good to hear as I thought he mentioned 10 to 14 hours because my light wasn't strong enough

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I have the Fluval Aquasky and have light on timer a little over 7 hours.
The anubias and java fern are doing great so far .

Reactions: Irecruitfish

Irecruitfish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2016
Chicago area
I have the Fluval Aquasky and have light on timer a little over 7 hours.
The anubias and java fern are doing great so far .
Nice to hear I plan on getting some job offering and crips if the anubias do well.

Question for you Do you have to be connected via Bluetooth for the timer to work on the aquasky? I set up a sunrise for 8:05 a.m. and it didn't turn on probably need to play around with it a little bit more but I'm wondering is it because I leave the house or something in the device is not connected to the app via my phone

Newtrybe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2024
very beautiful setup.

i always wondered how you keep the plants and substrate in the same place during water change. Do you only drain and replace or remove any waste along the bottom?

Reactions: Irecruitfish
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store