225 Gallon Planted Discus tank.

Alexxxxsv14

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
anaheim/orange CA
Holy cow ! The tank looks amazing
Beautiful stock
I switched up to discus about 4 months ago as well it’s been a challenge but learning as I go. Your discus look great. What strain are these ? How long have you had them for ?

bassinmike85

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
California
Thank You. Had them for a couple weeks now and 1 of them for a few days. 3 - red torques and 3 blue torques and 1 leopard skin

Holy cow ! The tank looks amazing
Beautiful stock
I switched up to discus about 4 months ago as well it’s been a challenge but learning as I go. Your discus look great. What strain are these ? How long have you had them for ?

Reactions: Alexxxxsv14

Alexxxxsv14

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
anaheim/orange CA
Thank You. Had them for a couple weeks now and 1 of them for a few days. 3 - red torques and 3 blue torques and 1 leopard skin
They look great and nice size
I got all mine 2-3” I wish I would’ve just got them bigger lol
They grow slow and not so vigorous in eating. I think they have grew maybe an 1” or so since I got them months ago
I will purchase some more when they post another sale. I’ve been buying from US tropical fish

FishKing5

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2013
United States
They look great and nice size
I got all mine 2-3” I wish I would’ve just got them bigger lol
They grow slow and not so vigorous in eating. I think they have grew maybe an 1” or so since I got them months ago
I will purchase some more when they post another sale. I’ve been buying from US tropical fish
don’t buy more until you find out why your rowdy’s aren’t happy. If they’re not eating much and not growing then something’s very wrong. Are you trying to grow out small younger discus in a planted tank?if so that’s problem number 1 and is a big problem. Second problem is where you’re getting your discus from. Us tropical fish? Get discus from really good vendors such as golden state, Chicago discus, or exotic discus. What is your setup like for your discus? They need to be grown out in bare bottom tanks with lots of feedings and lots of water changes with aged water

Reactions: Alexxxxsv14

Alexxxxsv14

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
anaheim/orange CA
don’t buy more until you find out why your rowdy’s aren’t happy. If they’re not eating much and not growing then something’s very wrong. Are you trying to grow out small younger discus in a planted tank?if so that’s problem number 1 and is a big problem. Second problem is where you’re getting your discus from. Us tropical fish? Get discus from really good vendors such as golden state, Chicago discus, or exotic discus. What is your setup like for your discus? They need to be grown out in bare bottom tanks with lots of feedings and lots of water changes with aged water
I’ve transferred them to a 120 bare bottom tank with better filtration
I have plants and driftwood but the Plants are in pots
They have since been a lot happier and more active
I do 60 percent water changes 2x a week and have my temp at 88
Way more active and eat everything I throw in there.
I didn’t know those vendors but will definitely check them out thanks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store