24 Foot Long Tank Recommendations

Blaker

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2006
Toronto
Great list of fish. That is the kind of response I was looking for. But at this point I am looking for swarms of colorful smaller fish. 1 great school of dither fish and maybe a couple larger fish that wont decimate the mbuna population.

gomezladdams

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
gilboa,ny
A big school of cyrtocara moori
A lot of high quality yellow labs
Ruby red peacocks.

Or
saulosi
demasoni
labeotropheus trewavase"mpanga red"

:drool:Either way would look killer.

Either tank you could have a few synodontis eupterus cats.

zpetrichko

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2009
NY
I'm a Piranha From the AMAZON! i love finding nemo, why not throw a school of piranha in there? some red bellies maybe? there skittish and need to be in schools, but in a tank that size you could have plenty of fish and space for them.

mahemaheman85

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2008
spokane
killer tank, i think you got the right idea with mbuna, very colorful, entertaining fish, but most will interbreed with each other, thats not necessarily a bad thing to some people though, i dont know what your preference is but if its a show tank then interbreeding may not be that big of a deal anyway, theres some really cool fish out there that are hybrids, but if u have your heart set on just a few species then i suggest you look at a few wholesale sites, and if you see a fish your interested in you can research the species

mahemaheman85

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2008
spokane
elongatus chewere and afra cobue are a few of my favorites, very colorful, dont get crazy big though, more around the 5 to 6 inch area, most mbuna are in that range

big dovii

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 3, 2007
Edmonton, AB, Can
Do colonies, with their own rock piles. You could simulate something similar to nature. That'd be awesome.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store