240 Cichla Tank

Coryd55

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2008
Woodstock, GA
Very nice tank, i bet it'll look even better with the orinos! ;) Also, is that Pool Filter Sand?

Yea it is. I always use pool filter sands in my tanks. This is a coarser style than I normally use though. I like it.

Coryd55

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2008
Woodstock, GA
Just got the fish into the tank. They look much smaller in the tank than in the bag haha.

Turned out the lights so they could get used to it. I will probably turn them back on tomorrow morning. As soon as I turned the lights out, two of the orinos started hitting the small guppies I had - amazing to watch.

The silver dollars split up into pairs - not sure why. Hopefully they will shoal together when they get more comfortable.

The larger of the three orinos has his stress colors on and is hiding in the back of the tank, but the two smaller ones look normal and as I said previously are already eating. I probably won't actually feed them until tomorrow.

I'll snap some pictures after they get over the new tank shock.

Coryd55

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2008
Woodstock, GA
Here are some pictures. They are still very skittish. Hopefully they will warm up to the tank. I picked up three dozen more feeders and some bloodworms. Time to pellet train...

Coryd55

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2008
Woodstock, GA
They've gotten a little bigger. Still won't take pellets/flakes, but they hit bloodworms and krill like they do the feeders.

The third one never showed up, so more for the other two I guess. I'll take some pics soon to show some progress.

Coryd55

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2008
Woodstock, GA
Used the ol' "Fish, Fish, Pellet, Fish, Pellet, Fish, Pellet, Pellet, etc." trick and now they are both hitting the pellets and actually keeping them down! Awesome!

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va
very nice I love pbass they really are awesome fish.:popcorn: waiting for future updates suscribed.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store