29 Biocube Stocking Help - Overstocked?

Deepsouth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2008
Montgomery, Alabama
I decided to drop the Blenney. I purchased a few blue crabs and they are doing a good job cleaning. I will probably pick up a pygmy angel down the line and call it quits for adding fish to this tank.

shua71

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2009
Los Angeles
Deepsouth;4297115; said:
I decided to drop the Blenney. I purchased a few blue crabs and they are doing a good job cleaning. I will probably pick up a pygmy angel down the line and call it quits for adding fish to this tank.
You might wanna do the angel soon if you're set on it because the longer you leave those 3 in there the more territorial they'll get

Deepsouth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2008
Montgomery, Alabama
shua71;4295576; said:
From experience, I had a damsel that was half the size of my maroon and somehow became larger. He completely ate 2 cleaner shrimps and a peppermint. These guys grow extremely fast due to how quick they are to reach food and become extremely territorial. I've had a velvet damsel which was very docile so I think it comes down more to the fish itself rather than the breed
If mine starts getting squirley I will take him back to the petstore. They all seem to have a good time together, but it has only been a short time. We will see once they get older. I will get an angel this week. Should I go with a small coral beauty instead? I know they can live in a smaller tank for a while. I'm currently tryin to get dead rock to become alive so that I can setup a 75 gallon for salt a few months down the road. Its just sitting in my garage, so should probably put it to use.

Deepsouth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2008
Montgomery, Alabama
Just a quick update. Everything is still going great in this tank. I have had 0 fighting.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store