3 Pimas in a 2300 gallon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kavin2845

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2012
Malden,Massachusetts
My opinion. If water parameters r good. Everyone has enough space and food. Then y not add more fish? The OP pic looks too stuffed to me though. Not enough space for everyone. Pretty fish nonetheless.
Kinda agree, from the vid the water is clear, no injuries on the fish, nothing looking sick. Just needs to take out alot of those fish

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
The pictures and video were taken in 2007. The tank is 14.5' x 5.5'x 4'. Li posted the pictures in a thread on 3/4/2010. It is not his tank. Funny how the majority of people who commented on the thread liked what they saw.

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/f...The-Monster-The-Myth-The-JDM-The-Photo-Thread

The Welcome Page of MFK states "Welcome to Monster Fish Keepers

The members of this forum have come together to share our knowledge and experiences of fish keeping. We want to answer your questions, offer advice and fill the galleries with pictures of the fish we have all grown to love.

We are a unique community of Fish Keepers who seriously take our hobby to extremes and the NEXT level. The majority of our fish collections include RARE & EXOTIC Species of all sizes, BIG FISH with BIG APPETITES and BIG TANKS. It's not easy for most people or other "regular" fish keepers to understand why we maintain this type of collection and spare no expense on this fascinating hobby."

This tank clearly demonstrates taking the hobby to extremes, and BIG FISH with BIG APPETITES certainly applies. Whoever owns the tank is not a novice fish keeper. Bash away. I find it amusing that one of the bashers on this thread has difficulty figuring out the size of his own tanks.

Rafini

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2012
Calgary, Canada
Its a style called JDM, (Japanse Domestic Market) they are very large overstocked tanks with INSANE filtration. Some agree, others disagree but a quick search will find there has been many discussions on tanks like this on MFK over the years.

This guy is better at housing Pirarucu than a lot of other people that have purchased them so what is the problem...

Yes MFK has a lot of people who will flame about tank size, but those people need to learn that not EVERY set up is perminent. Most set ups aren't... my 225 when everything is fully grown would be overstocked but I don't plan on that happening because I will do the responsible thing and find good homes for the fish that I have if they get too big. So far my 225 is a better place for x2 footlong albino pacú than the LFS. I have 3' of width for them.

People who keep large growing fish in small tanks and damage their health are cruel but those are very different people to those that are growing out a fish.

jsodwi

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2005
south of heaven
I love that tank. The fish look healthy. If the owner maintains good water quality and is able to take care of the fish. There's no problem IMO

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
I think the op has recived some good feedback to his question. Weather this type tank appeals to you or not, it is obvious the fish appear healthy and well cared for.

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
As said, this is MFK. If you can't post such tanks here, where would you?! Seriously, those fish are beasts. Their tank is unreal, in many ways.

Look at seasonal bodies of water that dry out in the wild, with fish overcrowding in deteriorating conditions, and these fish here have a good habitat. It's all relative.

But one thing is for sure: I wished I had the space and resources to get even close to what's involved in this setup :drool:

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store