300 gallon ideas?

HsBrewer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2017
Hey everyone. I have a 300 gallon tank that is cycling right now. i was planning on putting my clown knife in there, but for whatever reason he died before i had the chance. Anyway, I'm looking for some suggestions on a cool fish with personality to put in this tank. I'd like something that'll eat live foods. I've had Oscars in the past and while I'm not opposed to them, I'd like to do something different.

Any suggestions?

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
What kind of fish are you interested in? I always say for threads like this, it's better you pick what you like and the others can give you hints on compatibility :)

HsBrewer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2017
What kind of fish are you interested in? I always say for threads like this, it's better you pick what you like and the others can give you hints on compatibility :)
I really don't know, what I want. I was thinking a Piranha tank, maybe a some kind of Cichlid. I really don't know I'm wide open to suggestions. I do really want something with personality.

Last edited:

Angler

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 8, 2007
Colorado
If personality is important to you, I'd stay away from piranhas. I like piranha tanks, but cichlids will beat them in personality, hands down.

Reactions: J. H.

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
What kind of cichlid would you recommend?
A 300g is big enough for a midas community tank..........1 pair midas, and tinfoil barbs?

Reactions: HsBrewer
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store