300 gallon SA/CE community build thread!!

ikkie78

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2010
Neenah, WI USA
Haha I suppose your weather probably is a little nicer than ours up here...I can't remember the last day it wasn't below zero with the wind chill here...pretty bad when you can't go ice fishing because the auger isn't long enough anymore to get through the ice Haha.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Jc1119

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl
Haha I suppose your weather probably is a little nicer than ours up here...I can't remember the last day it wasn't below zero with the wind chill here...pretty bad when you can't go ice fishing because the auger isn't long enough anymore to get through the ice Haha.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
It is really nice, but I wish I had that weather. Focusing on ornatum and Beani and they both need it cold. Not the best 2 species to pick living here lol

Shoulda picked Haits .....

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ikkie78

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2010
Neenah, WI USA
It is really nice, but I wish I had that weather. Focusing on ornatum and Beani and they both need it cold. Not the best 2 species to pick living here lol

Shoulda picked Haits .....

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Haha...hey if I could I would gladly send you this weather! Feel trapped in the house...especially the -60 degree windchill we had a couple weeks ago!

ikkie78

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2010
Neenah, WI USA
Wanted to pick your brain again if you don't mind...we are getting closer to getting a house now and i'm trying to plan out what I want to do for my setup and just wondering how large of an aquaium do you think the pond boxes in your sump could handle...I was toying with the idea of possibly going 800-1000 gallons but I see the box boxes are rated up to 2000 gph pumps so I suppose I could add an additional filter or do you think the boxes could handle more flow? Just wondering if i'm better off ditching the pond boxes on something that big in your opinion or go a different route....thanks for any input you can give me!

weichen14

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2013
NYC
Will the stand rust? I see that there are openings on the ends. Just curious if the inside will rust. How much was the stand? I plan to have a steel stand fabricated.

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
Aaahhhhh....my favorite thread on MFK. Yea, I vote for an update too. I'd love to hear from John on his tanks. How's that big Trimac?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store