300 gallon tank on hardwoof floor

killergx001

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 6, 2008
chicago
profile.myspace.com
am getting a 300 gallon acrylic tank and am putting it on my first floor witch is above a basement. it is curently holding a 180 glass which is about 2100 lb filled and its holding it without a problem. the 300 gallon acrylic will weight around 2527 lb filled up. do you think its the problem ? will the floor give in?

steelshade

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2009
Little Rock, Ar
be absolutly sure that it sits across as many boards as possible so that they share the weight burden. If it runs along the length of the floor boards long ways then there will be fewer of them to hold it up and the boards will bend and warp. In other words the tank should have its length running at a 90 degree angle to the way the boards run

killergx001

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 6, 2008
chicago
profile.myspace.com
steelshade;5028219; said:
be absolutly sure that it sits across as many boards as possible so that they share the weight burden. If it runs along the length of the floor boards long ways then there will be fewer of them to hold it up and the boards will bend and warp. In other words the tank should have its length running at a 90 degree angle to the way the boards run
my floor is goin cross lol not straight or aross but in a x way

nfored

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2008
Missouri
Can I see pics of this X shaped floor joist?

mshill90

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2009
Mechanicsburg, PA
No no... JOISTS... which is what is UNDER the "X" flooring.

If you have an unfinished basement, you should be able to see them if you go down there and look up to the floor.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store