300 gallon tank - the project begins!

LowCel

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2006
Charleston, WV
Issack;2852724; said:
Nice.. Now trim that bad boy out with some Walnut or Curly maple.. Even Cherry. the list goes on.. lol :popcorn:
Actually it is going to be all black. It will have some trim on it and it will be finished up properly. Since it will be in my dining room I have to make it look pretty nice or my wife will kill me. :)

LowCel

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2006
Charleston, WV
Tilapia Buttikoferi;2853214; said:
Why is this in filtration and not in the DIY projects forum? Nicee stand by the way diggin the stain.
It's here because this is "Setup and Filtration". Since I am setting up this aquarium and it is going to have filtration this should be the correct forum.

I haven't stained it or anything yet, that is the natural grain of the plywood.

LowCel

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2006
Charleston, WV
Just ordered some more goodies for the tank. Here is a list of most of the items I am waiting for (not including the tank).

Glass-holes hole saw bit and bulkhead (2")
280 scrubbies
75 gallon tank to use as a wet/dry
Plastic pegboard to use as drip tray
3x5x12 (2) sponges for sump
Four 4" filter socks
Two Visi-Therm 300 watt heaters
5 Gallons bio balls
Two Coralife F/W T-5 Double Strip Light - 48"
Reeflo Dart pump

Already have:
Most of the stand built
Foam board
Black Paint for back of tank

Still need to purchase:
Glass Panels
Temperature Controller
Diamond earings for wife

It's only money.....right???

LowCel

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2006
Charleston, WV
L A R R Y;2855673; said:
Well where is my economic stimulus package :D :D :D
The stimulus package I received paid for one of the 2x4's. :)

LowCel

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2006
Charleston, WV
I gave dad a call again today and asked if he wanted to build another stand. I decided to build a new stand for the 210. I want the topof the two tanks to be even so that it doesn't look like I just threw two tanks in the dining room.

What's bad is that I actually stayed home today because my leg was hurting so bad from working yesterday. Once I sat around for a while it started feeling a little better so I figured why not.

This stand is four inches shorter than the stand for the 300. I did this because the 210 tank is four inches taller. This way the top of both tanks are level. I still need to build the doors, put the trim on, and paint everything. Once all is said and done they should look pretty nice. Then I get to build the canopies. :)

dpk2313

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2009
ohio
looks good cant wait yo see it stocked

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store