3000 liter plywood tank/paludaria

Ramesh

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2008
Earth
Yes there are "studs". Those were not in place when video was shot. And fillet joints everywhere as it makes laminating much easier. I actually started all corners with 10cm fiberglass strips, before laminating the walls. Then all fiberglass sheets overlaps in corners to make sure final laminate is sturdy.
Thanks for the info Bymoor. Were the studs metal and welding in? What spacing was used?

bymoor

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 29, 2007
Finland
Thanks for the info Bymoor. Were the studs metal and welding in? What spacing was used?
Just 1.9x8x90cm plywood strips that were clued and screwed to the back of the plywood. Similar as in other plywood walls that are in place in that one video. Spacing around 30cm.

Tor-Eriik

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2010
Norway
I love the shimmer! I also got that with my LED lights, what a clean and nice tank, not to mention the paludaria effect on the top! Just simply love it!! The nice thing with geo`s is that they sterb the sand all the time, so there is no chance for the dirt to stay.

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
Amazing!!! Was wondering what had happened to the rays until one appeared out of the darkness. I too love the shimmer effect, and how the tank isn't evenly lit. You've given me some good inspiration for my next project.

bymoor

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 29, 2007
Finland
Amazing!!! Was wondering what had happened to the rays until one appeared out of the darkness. I too love the shimmer effect, and how the tank isn't evenly lit. You've given me some good inspiration for my next project.
Thanks! Leos are in another tank currently as they are not getting enough food in here. :/ I used to feed them daily with long pliers, but decided to make my life a bit easier for a while. I have few new special in the same smaller tank, but need to grow them bigger before trying to move them here. Quite worried that arowana will attack if they are too small. It's quite a task trying to remove them afterwards. :)

cordero01

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2011
costa rica
i really dont know what to say. i dnt know if i cry or laugh.

thanks man for sharing!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store