40 breeder stocking question

Cheifwalnut

Candiru
MFK Member
May 31, 2015
Schoharie New York
Starting a 40 breeder. Want a flame angel but not sure what else to get. It will not have corals on any type. Just full of live rock. Any suggestions would be appreciated, I'll do all the research and find fish I like.

Username.

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2014
Virginia, US
I'd get a coral beauty instead as they are hardier imo at least the ones at my work are, but I'm with you as far as appearance goes. If you put 40+ pounds of LR and break line of sight you could get away with the smaller species of dwarf Lions, Most clowns other than maroons, and maybe a six line. There are a bit of options but comparability is varied.

Cu455

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
US
A group of cardinal fish might work. They might harass each other unit their is only a pair. If you like them give it a try. They are also very easy to breed because they are mouth brooders. A pair of clowns is pretty standard, people like goby/shrimp pairs. Go to a LFS and look around and see what you like. Write the name down and share it here and do a little research. That's how I buy my fish. There is nothing like seeing the fish in person.

Reactions: Cheifwalnut
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store