40 Gallon Breeder Red-Tailed Red-Eyed Dwarf Puffer

That Trinindad Pleco

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2022
Hi, I have a 40 Gallon Breeder and I recently got a Red-Tailed Red-Eyed Dwarf Puffer for it. This is my 4th tank (That I Am Using Right Now) and I am wondering if my following fish could work with my puffer who is a little under 2”. I am wondering if a 4.5” Blue Phantom Pleco would work and 10 1” Harleyquinn Rasbora. I read online that the Puffers will leave alone faster fish like raspboras and I was wondering if that is true. Thanks In Advance.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hi, I have a 40 Gallon Breeder and I recently got a Red-Tailed Red-Eyed Dwarf Puffer for it. This is my 4th tank (That I Am Using Right Now) and I am wondering if my following fish could work with my puffer who is a little under 2”. I am wondering if a 4.5” Blue Phantom Pleco would work and 10 1” Harleyquinn Rasbora. I read online that the Puffers will leave alone faster fish like raspboras and I was wondering if that is true. Thanks In Advance.
Welcome aboard
Deadeye Deadeye
Fat Homer Fat Homer

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Welcome to the forum!
Rasboras should be okay given lots of hiding spots and enough space to get away.
Tbh I’m not sure how the pleco would do. Some puffers leave them alone, others will make them a punching bag.

That Trinindad Pleco

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2022
Ok, I have a nice big tree piece in the center that they should be able to hide in. So you think the stocking sounds pretty big.

Reactions: Deadeye

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Should work out, just have a backup plan ready.

Reactions: Fat Homer

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I agree with the above, with enough hiding spots you might be able to get away with it but the pleco maybe in danger of getting nipped...

As long as you have a backup plan you should be okay, as i've noticed in the past, it isn't until these puffers realize something in the tank is an easy meal will they keep going for them...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store