Miami
Price
Region
Southeast
State
Florida
Pickup or shipping
Shipping or Pickup
Hi everyone. I've been searching for months and have not yet found one, so I'll throw out a prayer here...

Does anyone know of a 48x24 footprint 36" tall tank that's available anywhere in the southeast?

I prefer glass, and un-drilled, but honestly, I'll take anything at this point. I have this:

Just a beautiful stand setup, and it's sitting in my kitchen collecting piles of papers and crap and annoying my girlfriend, and it would make such a beautiful centerpiece. But that tank size is basically non-existent. Now I know why I got such a steal on the furniture...

Custom tank prices are so absurd that I might as well buy all the tools and a jig and learn how to make one myself, plus there's shipping on top of that. I'm perfectly willing to pay a lot for something so rare, but three grand for something that isn't monster sized is a little absurd, I think.

Anyway - if anyone knows of anything, I'll figure out some way to pick it up and get it here... I also have things I could trade.

Alternately... if you happen to be able to make a tank for yourself, feel free to attempt to talk me out of this stand setup. I don't want to call it officially for sale, as it's the nicest piece of furniture in my house, but I would be willing to let it go, especially because the girlfriend would surely be grateful.

Kevin911

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2010
dc
www.youtube.com
At 36” high you better off with acrylic or the glass has a high chance of busting or leaking. Acrylic wise might run you 1-1.5K due to the custom dimensions. They don’t make standards 4x2x3

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
PetSmart sells a 30” tall 150 for $500 with stand, hood, and lights.

Stand is flimsy tho...

DaveB

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2008
Miami
If it was rimless and I was an expert aquascaper with plants and tall manz branches, I could put a 30" in the 36" space and get away with it... but I'm not. Plus light would spill out into the room oddly. Definitely needs to be the full (impossible to clean) height. I'll be calling GlassCages in a few minutes when they presumably open.

Reactions: fishhead0103666

FIU Panther

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2008
South Florida
I believe Exotic Aquariums on Bird Road near the Palmetto may build custom glass tanks too.

That may also be an option and save you shipping.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store