$5 Red Texas Fry WI PU/Shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

FIN01

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2010
Wisconsin
Thought I'd share some progress on mine that I have had a few weeks. First, they are growing like weeds. These guys seem to only have one thing in mind and that is eating. Next, a number of mine, especially the bigger two, are showing red in the dorsal fin and some have a little bit in the anal fin. Last, all but one I would say are showing great pearling or more of pearls in the making. The biggest is showing some great pearls that are looking big like his father's. I would post pics, but all I have at the moment is my phone which is basically impossible to take a good photo with. I am very impressed by these guys, and anyone that is considering should order these while they are still young and very cheap!!!

auratum

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2008
Michigan
cjbarth;4070684; said:
Just a little background on the fish for ya!!! The pair came from Pat in Thailand (Rainnybetta). I bought here as a fertile female (she had to spawns already) off of Aquabid at 4.5 inches in Feb. She ws still fading then. She is currently 6in+.

Dad on the otherhand, was bread in a backyard pond by one Pat's family members for shear size and Pearl. He is a monster as you can see from the pics.

I truly beleive that these fish will produce some stunners from what I see on a day to day basis with the fry!!

Now come on!!! Where are you Red Texas/ Hybrid lovers!!!:nilly:
cjbarth;4070884; said:
Sure No problem!!!!!! Well I am not suprised by the response. Buying these fish is a crapshoot if ya know what I mean. Maybe its too early for them IDK! All I know is 5.00 a piece is a steal considering......but its like Vegas I guess.....your playin the odds!!!!
cjbarth;4071351; said:
Red Texas Fry and ones that fade or change color are considered SRT Super Red Texas
cjbarth;4076237; said:
They are Red Texas. THe whole Process starts with trying to get a female SRT that has faded like mine to orange or red.

Now when you breed the female SRT, you breed back to a Carpintis or Cyanno Texas Cichlid to get Red Texas Fry.

These are 100% Red Texas fry. Some will fade (become SRT)and some will not, but they are all Red Texas. BTW, alot of great potential!!!!!

THey all carry the (fading gene from Mom), that she got from when she was created from a Carpintis and King Kong Parrot.
OK - very new in my understanding of hybrids. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and for offering a great deal on what would appear to be very attractive fish as they grow up. My question - what % would you expect to fade or peal? If the pealing were dominant, then 100% should peal. If it is recessive, then none of these would peal, but by breeding these to each other would yield 25% that would peal. Or is this more complicated than I am suggesting? If others have done this and told you how to do this, they should know what percent of fry should peal, right?

Even if only one in 10 peals, these appear to be dirt cheap for quality fish...

FIN01

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2010
Wisconsin
^ I do not believe the fading probability works quite as nicely as mendelian genetics. To my knowledge it is a crapshoot. The best breeders in the far east make it seem like a good portion of their fry fade, but I am sure it really is not that many. I do not know much about judging the potential of red texas fry to see if they should fade or the usual percentage of faders in a batch, but I do figure this pair Chris has has a good chance of producing some faders. I hope this helps you out, though I am sure it wasn't the ideal answer you were looking for.

cjbarth

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2009
WI
I am glad to see interest and input on these fish....and FIN01 when you get some pics that would be great to see their progress. As in regards to to the percentage of faders, it is tought to tell cuz this is their 3rd batch( 2 in thailand and 1 here with me in the states) Everytime I asked the question of percentage i always got the same answer, "she good quality breeder" "will produce many good fishes" "yes they will fade"

Now taken this in consideration, and the photos of fry that I posted on here, which I showed breeder in Thailand, exact words were, WOW you very lucky!!! "All your friends jealous!!"

Now if this not a boost in my confidence with these fish, I don't what is. Now, he could be feeding me a line of crap, but this breeder that I got this pair from, has a great reputation in the FH/hybrid fish breeding world and I trust his thoughts and feelings on my fish 100%.

cjbarth

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2009
WI
well with that said, time for a sale!!!

10 for 35.00 + 15.oo priority shipping. DOA guarantee on shipping. Payment via paypal (please include 3% fee(1.50), the last day I ship out orders priority is WED, so get your orders in soon!!!

Paypal address is amandachristel@hotmail.com

If you any questions send me a pm.

****Shipping is in insulated box, with heat pack, bag buddie, and pure O2

cjbarth

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2009
WI
auratum;4116531;4116531 said:
OK - very new in my understanding of hybrids. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and for offering a great deal on what would appear to be very attractive fish as they grow up. My question - what % would you expect to fade or peal? If the pealing were dominant, then 100% should peal. If it is recessive, then none of these would peal, but by breeding these to each other would yield 25% that would peal. Or is this more complicated than I am suggesting? If others have done this and told you how to do this, they should know what percent of fry should peal, right?

Even if only one in 10 peals, these appear to be dirt cheap for quality fish...
The problem is they don't know the answer to that. Breeding this fish is kind of mysterious. There are secrets that even the breeders in thailand don't know beleive it or not.

I know this is not the answer you were looking for, but it is what it is.

Oh, yeah, I don't know the secrets either, only speculation, which I keep to myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store