* 5 STAR Pearl *

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
ajsmith235;5028812; said:
BUT i havent seen really a bad looking hen or blackie... lol BUT i agree on the Pearls and MMs. more so the pearls. I want a pearl pair, but i want them to be a "5star" and not the kinda that are selling right now.
Right, but IF 5 stars were available they would run "1000 Island", "Black Diamond", "King", or Grade AAA prices.

Ready to pull the trigger on $3000+? Prolly not, cause IF they were available, they wouldn't be wanted. Like mentioned earlier, people only want what they can't have.

Anything is available to anyone.... Just gotta have the right amount of money.

Marbles are a perfect example. There's plenty of nice ones here in the states. I put together a nice collection. Unfortunately I paid througgh the teeth for them. I'm sure you could do the same with 5 star Pearls IF you wanted them bad enough.

AquataHolic420

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2006
Neeeew Hampshaaa
i love this thread! i want a pearl sooo bad!!! whats the biggest one found on mfk??

earthstudent

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2010
Iowa
I think it has more to do with the volume of the demand. Sure there are some people that would like to get there hands on a nice pearl or MM but my guess is there is a greater volume of people wanting leos of what ever variant. H2O for instance would probably focus more on other species if there was a greater volume demand for them. "Everyone" wants a BD or other fancy Leo but only so many seam to really want nice pearls or high quality MMs.

Now with that said, if people had the option you might see a shift but due to current and recent demands, Leo's are were the money is at. I am guessing if there was a good breading project with pearls and MM in the states they would pick up interest quite quickly but would it ever rival the Leo trade????

situs

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 7, 2011
Singapore
Awesome rays pics...I have seen some real pearls from my country fish farm. The pricing is very steep and in hot demand too.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store