500 gal plywood aquarium update.

808_fairladyz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
Hilo, Hawaii
I've had no problems with my aquarium what so ever. My fish are growing out fine & my 2 achara catfish are gluttonous pigs. Haven't even started my canopy, but I'm using a really thick, clear plastic liner framed in an aluminum window frame as covers that work like a charm. My arowana jumps from time to time, hits the liner and nothing happens. No damge, no loud banging, just alot of splashing. It was meant to be a temp setup, but the liner is pretty damn strong and works so well. Helps to control condensation also. I'm actually in the process of building a new fluidized moving bed filter with more elements. I've been playing with the current design for sometime now and have some new ideas to try out. I'll take some pictures of my old setup and new setup as it gets done. I'll post pictures of my covers for anyone who's interested.

My Xbox gamer tag: xXclusive808x. Run & gun baby!

uploadfromtaptalk1367899731819.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1367899793213.jpg

BigFinn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2012
America
What ever works works lol and it looks pretty good actually, nice to see everything and everyone is doing good. You'll have to start that canopy seen :grinno:

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store