500 gallon african cichlid update

stempy

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2011
Galloway, OH
It's great to see a large tank filled with repetitively small fish. It's what I'd do as I tend to bore of monsters quickly once the novelty as worn off (Wrong site, I know...haha :ROFL:)
Heh, same here. I prefer the action, interactions and color of african cichlids over say a solo monster black piranha, or lazy stingrays or whatnot. Though I will say I would love to have a large mbu puffer or something of the sort that is more of a "pet" than just a fish :)

stempy

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2011
Galloway, OH
Small update, had to go scuba diving to do a deep clean of the tank so I figured while I'm in there I may as well do some aquascaping to change things up a bit :) Went with more open swimming area this time but the fish still have loads of nooks and crannies to hide in.

[video=youtube;8mlqTmVKFyI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mlqTmVKFyI[/video]

maddmax

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 26, 2014
The Woods
man you are killing me........................... guess its time for a bigger tank for me :)

stempy

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2011
Galloway, OH
man you are killing me........................... guess its time for a bigger tank for me :)
Can't beat the options and flexibility you get with a large tank, you won't regret it!

nice tank!!
i have just ordering glass to my 650 gallon tank so i am happy:D
a 650 would be even more amazing, post your build!

Is this your 523 tank build that u have the link to?
yup, still going strong!

viejafish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2013
Northeast
It's great to see a large tank filled with repetitively small fish. It's what I'd do as I tend to bore of monsters quickly once the novelty as worn off (Wrong site, I know...haha :ROFL:)
I like big tank with monster fish, and/or small schooling fish in motion. Constant chaotic movement of Mbuna/Haps in a big tank get me dizzy.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store