500 Gallon Catfish Tank

bobVillanueva

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2007
Philippines
www.youtube.com
I think even a 500 would stunt a paroon in a year or so Also, i found that they thrive better in a group and does best with a lot of swimming space both wide and deep. Rtc might cramp the 500 as well and there was a time when my old rtc broke my glass.

I'd go for tigrinus like size so it would take a bit longer if needed to upgrade

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

raubiy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2015
♛ Slovenija ♛
I think even a 500 would stunt a paroon in a year or so Also, i found that they thrive better in a group and does best with a lot of swimming space both wide and deep. Rtc might cramp the 500 as well and there was a time when my old rtc broke my glass.

I'd go for tigrinus like size so it would take a bit longer if needed to upgrade

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Can i just ask you bob how thick was your glass that rtc broke.
I will build 660 gal in 3-4 years. And i'm always scared about that glass.... My aquarium builder say 15mm for that build is good. But i tell him about big fish. He said that is imposible by fish to broke this. I don't know what du u think ? I'm thinking about 20mm glass. But is much expensive.

bobVillanueva

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2007
Philippines
www.youtube.com
Can i just ask you bob how thick was your glass that rtc broke.
I will build 660 gal in 3-4 years. And i'm always scared about that glass.... My aquarium builder say 15mm for that build is good. But i tell him about big fish. He said that is imposible by fish to broke this. I don't know what du u think ? I'm thinking about 20mm glass. But is much expensive.
1/2 inch. For 2' tank:( i should've used tempered. But then again that rtc was ~30-32.

Whats are the dimensions of the build? If im not mistaken, 15mm will only hold up to certain height ~2-2.5.

Im really cautious of big glass tanks and big monsters. I have a daughter who enjoys my fish and occasionally taps the glass:/

Im all for keeping big cats, just looking out for our safety.:)

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm not positive but I think he doesn't have this tank anymore. I remember I almost bought a 480 gallon he was selling a few weeks ago and I think it's the same tank and in the end it got sold to someone else. Not positive like I said though, he might have a different 500 gallon.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store