54 litre tank cheap at aldi . need ideas

njackson

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2007
york, uk
hi

i found a cheap tank on aldi website £38 , i know it only small but what would you stock in it and thinking of a singal fish becuase i don't want no guppys and fish like that . and how would i know my furntire would hold it.
i have not bought fish tank or fish for a well becuase i can't find no big tanks what are cheap or i don't have the money , so i thought i buy one of these because i want more fish.

Product 13/36
Send to a friend E-mail reminder Add to shopping list Show shopping list

Complete Aquarium Set

each £38.00 *

A Christmas gift with a difference. This comprehensive set contains all you need to start the fascinating hobby of keeping tropical fish. Once filled, it will provide years of dazzling natural beauty – a colourful, living centrepiece for any room. (Fish not included.) Includes:
  • 54 litre capacity glass tank
  • 4mm thick glass
  • Light and feeding slot in lid
  • 50 watt water heater
  • Thermometer
  • 100ml tropical fish food
  • Fish net
  • Water filter
  • Water filter replacement cartridges available from most pet shops

Druu

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2007
Notre Dame, IN
Too small for angelfish... 54 litres at 3.78 litres per gallon = 14.28g

Overpriced as well.. 38 pounds = about $60

spwd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2008
leicester,england
Actually that is very cheap,for all that,just the heater would be about 12 quid,as for fish what about a pair of rams or dwarf cichlids and sell the offspring to fund a bigger tank because if you get a pair and get the water right they WILL breed and they make excellent parents,but the water needs to be mature and very good quality! Or some neons and some corys
Hope this helps.

Cheers steve

Cichlaholics Anonymous

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 23, 2006
Miami, Florida
I usually recommend a pair of small cichlids, but it is rather small, so go with one small cichlid, like L. curviceps and a small school of smaller tetras or pencilfish

njackson

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2007
york, uk
spwd;2541316; said:
Actually that is very cheap,for all that,just the heater would be about 12 quid,as for fish what about a pair of rams or dwarf cichlids and sell the offspring to fund a bigger tank because if you get a pair and get the water right they WILL breed and they make excellent parents,but the water needs to be mature and very good quality! Or some neons and some corys
Hope this helps.

Cheers steve
good idea and i do have have spare small platic tanks , so i could put the offspring in my other tanks when they grow then sellthem, how munch do you think i could sell.

spwd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2008
leicester,england
Yes kribs would work but in my experience they will breed like hell if you get a pair and noone will want to buy them because of this,i had to give away approx 70 to 100 kribs of various sizes as nobody would buy them,as they are always at it! One pair took over my entire 6 x 2 x 2 tank until i got rid and just fought everything including 5 6 inch pictus and 15 adult discus,if you go with the rams,shops will buy them or swap them for stuff because they are so pretty and always sell.

Cheers steve

njackson

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2007
york, uk
spwd;2541572; said:
Yes kribs would work but in my experience they will breed like hell if you get a pair and noone will want to buy them because of this,i had to give away approx 70 to 100 kribs of various sizes as nobody would buy them,as they are always at it! One pair took over my entire 6 x 2 x 2 tank until i got rid and just fought everything including 5 6 inch pictus and 15 adult discus,if you go with the rams,shops will buy them or swap them for stuff because they are so pretty and always sell.

Cheers steve
shops round me don't swap fish i ask before , do you think people will buy them rams , i have found some long fin blue ram for sale on the internet and how many rams do you think i can have and also i was think about plecos too but don't what species , which one the pick rams or plecos and how do you test a stand out for a tank becuase i have some draws in my bedroom what i could put the tank on , but don't know if it will hold.

http://www.directtropicals.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_11

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store