55 gallon aquarium + stand has become unlevel over past few months.

maxwags

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2013
CT
My 55 gallon aquarium has settled on the styrofoam padding, and is tilted slightly forwards. I am especially concerned that the water level changes 3/4ths of an inch from the front of the tank to the back. The basement floor might also play a role in this issue, as it is slightly uneven. I am just wondering on how i would go to correct this issue and properly level it. It is a fully established tank that has been running for about 3 years. Its a lot of work, and I don't want to screw up something that could cost me in the long run. The tank sits on 2x4s that are above cinderblocks. I would enjoy some input on how I should approach this problem.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; No enough information in your initial post for me to give a useful answer.

What type stand? Wood or metal?

That the difference seems to have happend over time is a potential concern. This could be problems with the stand or with the floor structure itself. The best thing will be a stand problem.

Not sure about the styrofoam. I have never used it. I do recall some posts recently saying that use of this under a tank can void A tank warranty. That may be the first place to look.

I have just finished breaking down a 55 and a 29 and understand why you want to avoid such a chore, but sometimes you just have to do what is needed.

Good luck

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store