55 gallon restock

FishyDad

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2010
Troy, Ohio
So with the cost of marine salt and the fact that my Columbian Sharks are not as itty bitty as they used to be, I have decided to rehome them and go freshwater instead of brackish in my 55. Any stocking suggestions? It's a standard 55 with an AC110.

Snook000

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 23, 2010
In the water
In my 55 I have a bunch of live plants a belly crawler pike cichlid, a EBJD, and a Senegal bichir if that give you a few ideas I don't know what you like. Non of those fish will out grow it.

Guapoako318

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2010
VA
Snook000;4574915; said:
In my 55 I have a bunch of live plants a belly crawler pike cichlid, a EBJD, and a Senegal bichir if that give you a few ideas I don't know what you like. Non of those fish will out grow it.
that sounds a little overstocked

Loves severums

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2009
Michigan
u could do this
1 Senegal bichir
1 black ghost knife
1 african butterfly fish
1 Mogurnda Mogurnda

FishyDad

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2010
Troy, Ohio
I have a Needlenose "Gar" that will be in there. I'm thinking about getting an EBJD. My wife llikes cichlids, I like monsters. I know I can't really keep hardly any monsters in a 55 and I think I've finally come to terms with that. :cry:

creepyoldguy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2010
fishbelly
What about some exadons? I've always wanted a tank full of them but it never worked out. You could do some africans. Or, this isn't very monster, but you could do a planted tank with schooling fish and some smaller cats on the bottom.

FishyDad

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2010
Troy, Ohio
What about an EBJD and a Tiger Oscar? Would there be room for other fish? I've never really had cichlids or oscars or anything. The Columbian Sharks were my first.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store