Fond du lac, Wisconsin
Wow man, I am very jealous lol. Very nice fish stock your tank looks amazing

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
That is an awsome tank!

Mind if I ask you, what are you feeding your tangs? As my convict still looks thin....

Thanks A Million, also do you have any videos of your tank?

clekchau

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2006
tx
www.clekchau.com
I heavily feed 3x a day nls pellets and frozen ocean nutrition formula 1,2, angel formula, spirulina formula. Eel is fed shrimp and squid twice a week. Open clams are put daily also for the butterflies to pick on but the tangs usually devour those lol they are pigs.

Nitrates are always low probably due to the massive amount of live rock. I like my fish fat and healthy :)

clekchau

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2006
tx
www.clekchau.com
great news, queen is starting to come out of his shell, venture out more and eating well, i was worried for a bit because every queen i've ever had was very bold and aggressive, this one is a little shy. he's already got great color for being so young, i look forward to him getting bold and beautiful!

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
I heavily feed 3x a day nls pellets and frozen ocean nutrition formula 1,2, angel formula, spirulina formula. Eel is fed shrimp and squid twice a week. Open clams are put daily also for the butterflies to pick on but the tangs usually devour those lol they are pigs.

Nitrates are always low probably due to the massive amount of live rock. I like my fish fat and healthy :)
I'm really enjoying your thread...you should really post a video of this set up. I have a vid of mine on here as "72 gallon bowfront update vid" or something like that if you want to check it out....however it is no where near as close as how amazing your tank is. Like you said you saved money towards it....which is what I'm trying to do.

I should try open up clam as treat once a week...because I don't think my naso nor convict would go for it.

cichlid_king

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2011
Fond du lac, Wisconsin
great news, queen is starting to come out of his shell, venture out more and eating well, i was worried for a bit because every queen i've ever had was very bold and aggressive, this one is a little shy. he's already got great color for being so young, i look forward to him getting bold and beautiful!

You still amaze me everytime I look at your thread lol. Your fish seelection is amazing and all the fish that you have are so healthy and have such good coloration. The kind of stuff you only see in zoo's lol

clekchau

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2006
tx
www.clekchau.com
I'm really enjoying your thread...you should really post a video of this set up. I have a vid of mine on here as "72 gallon bowfront update vid" or something like that if you want to check it out....however it is no where near as close as how amazing your tank is. Like you said you saved money towards it....which is what I'm trying to do.

I should try open up clam as treat once a week...because I don't think my naso nor convict would go for it.
sure i can do that, whats the best way to host a video, youtube? i don't have a video camera but i could try using my iphone :D

clekchau

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2006
tx
www.clekchau.com
i feed them 2 cubes 3x a day alternating between formula 1, formula 2, angel formula, spirulina formula. there is also an eheim auto feeder that dispenses nls pellets 3x a day. eel gets fed shrimp 3x a week.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store