I crash at the K-Pg
Price
Region
Southeast
State
Florida
Pickup or shipping
Pickup only
Yes, free. Come get the damned thing off my porch and you can have it. Its still strapped to my tank plank as it was in the link below, but a little less clean now. I've been trying to sell it since 2019 with no luck, I just want it gone. I'm giving it away free because due to my inability to sell it, in spite of the fact that it is technically new, I can't guarantee that it is as-new anymore. If you're willing to figure that out, and you're willing to put in the effort to come get it, I'll allow it to be your problem instead of mine.

Edit- I reserve the right to be picky. First come isn't necessarily first serve; I would strongly prefer this go to a nonprofit like Viktor or Ohio Fish Rescue.

NE Florida, near Jacksonville.

The false start thread that contains this:

Last edited:

PennReels84

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2008
South Jersey
Sent you a message

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Hey Rob, sad to see this and sad that your life keeps you away from the MFK and from fish keeping but happy that you are alive and hopefully well, if not at least adequate :)

Might the water-holding ability of the tank have been compromised you are hinting? What do you mean you cannot guarantee that it's like new and to figure out what - the cosmetics or the function? I don't care about cosmetics, as you know.

Does the tank plank still roll easy?

I'd be happy if the OFR or a nice hobbyist got it. I deeply appreciate you thinking of us.

Reactions: Dee eng

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Sent you a message
Replied

So you never got around to setting it up after all that?
Nope. My life has been a dumpster fire for the better part of a decade since I got out of the military. I didn't have the spoons for it and have come around to the conclusion that I don't want to commit to a tank that large lol

Have you had any takers?
No one has claimed it yet

Hey Rob, sad to see this and sad that your life keeps you away from the MFK and from fish keeping but happy that you are alive and hopefully well, if not at least adequate :)

Might the water-holding ability of the tank have been compromised you are hinting? What do you mean you cannot guarantee that it's like new and to figure out what - the cosmetics or the function? I don't care about cosmetics, as you know.

Does the tank plank still roll easy?

I'd be happy if the OFR or a nice hobbyist got it. I deeply appreciate you thinking of us.
Thank you for the kind words Viktor! Things are genuinely starting to come around for me. Finally lol

I don't have any reason to believe the water holding ability has been compromised. From 2019 until last spring it was in my livingroom but dry, and last spring I moved it to the back porch in anticipation of a sale at a severely reduced price, but still couldn't get anyone to commit to taking it because of the simple fact that its too big and too heavy to get in any pickup truck, and people just balk when they see how big it actually is.

The only issue with it is that it is now dirty and there's the chip on the rim that has always been there, whch was warranted by Glass Cages and which I have the as yet unopened repair kit they provided. The chip is cosmetic and not structural.

I haven't tried to move the plank since I got it outside last spring, I'm not sure.

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Thank you for the reply. I hope and wish you get something for the tank, that'd be my first and strongest preference.

If all fails, I could pick it up after you and I figure out a way to roll it onto my 6ftx12ft trailer that sits about 1.5ft off the ground. I imagine it be easy to accomplish by jacking up the tank plank step by step on both ends and stacking bricks / blocks under it until level with the trailer. Or can use a manual winch / come-along to pull it onto the trailer on a makeshift plywood ramp. IDK, just thinking.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store