Status
Not open for further replies.

BreakDown

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2008
san diego
HI, everyone!
well i have a 55 gallon tank with a 5 inch Green Terror and i also have 1 auratus, 1 red zebra and also a pindani. I really like Africans and they do so great with my Green Terror. Im thinking of adding more MBUNA to my tank. I just want to know what would be other MBUNA to put with these guys and also how many?

AngelicGreenTerror

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2005
El paso, Texas
You should not mix africans and american in a rather small tank, and I wouldn't recommend it even in larger tanks. I would just keep it either a Mbuna or Green Terror. The Green Terror itself will require a 55+ gallons just to itself when full grown.

BreakDown

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2008
san diego
and why is that?? these fish have grown up in the farm system and they have well adapted to the same kind of ph...didnt you read my post? "I really like Africans and they do so great with my Green Terror" im gonna put them together whether you like it or not...so now can anyone please tell me what kind of mbuna and how mbuna plz?

woofy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
Miami
ur aurautus will get aggressive with any mbuna u add, they are mean maybe not at small sizes but they snap easy when they grow. if u really wanted though i would add some not so aggressive mbuna lik yellow lab, socofoli and so on. but again i advise against it cuase of the auratus.

woofy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
Miami
he will harras the convict too. in my opinion u can keep the auratus just u would need to add more aggressive mbunas, not the gt and red zebra. u need mbunas that will hold there ground. or if ur willing trade in the auratus all togther and get a mbuna tnak going with nicer mbunas. in a 55g without the gt u can do quite a few and u hav more options.

AngelicGreenTerror

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2005
El paso, Texas
BreakDown;2539360; said:
and why is that?? these fish have grown up in the farm system and they have well adapted to the same kind of ph...didnt you read my post? "I really like Africans and they do so great with my Green Terror" im gonna put them together whether you like it or not...so now can anyone please tell me what kind of mbuna and how mbuna plz?
Simply because one day one of the cichlids will snap, and when they do, it'll be war. Green Terrors do not become little push overs once they reach the 8"+ mark. The auratus could easily take the GT out as they'll outgrow them, until the GT's get bigger, but it's simply not recommended you mix Africans and Americans. Green Terrors also require a 55 gallon minimal for THEMSELVES, not tankmates. I definitely don't like it that your being an ignoramus about this. And, the auratus would harrass the convict in a 30 gallon. It's simply not meant for the Americans and Africans to be mixed in a 55 gallon tank with what you have. It'll seem peaceful for awhile, but if you really want to save a fishes life, then I would sell the gt and just keep mbuna.

AngelicGreenTerror

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2005
El paso, Texas
BreakDown;2543030; said:
hell no there is no way an auratus is gonna kill a 8" green terror..and how the hell is the auratus gonna outgrow my GT???..oh and my AURATUS is only an inch big and so are the RED ZEBRA and PINDANI..sorry but you are trippin..a green terror, hense the name "TERROR" is a bad ass fish...whateva im gonna keep it this way just my GT , Red Zebra, Pindani, and Auratus...NEW WORLD CICHLIDS ARE BETTER THAN AFRICANS ANYDAY>>> BIGGER AND TOUGHER AND MORE UNIQUE TRAITS. SUCH AS SIZE< SHAPE< COLOR<PERSONALITY! not just 4 inches and all elongated! SO DAMMIT **** OFF!
Calm yourself. First off, Auratus grows faster than a green terror. Green Terrors are slow growers and most likely by the time they reach full grown size, which i would doubt it in that tank. if you like new worlds so much more, than just keep new worlds and don't mix them. Green Terrors don't usually live up to their name. If you wanted things to work with new worlds, trade in the green terror, get something that can handle it owns like a breeding pair of convicts. Just to help out, and as earlier, calm yourself. I'm saying what I am for the better welfare of the fish, not for what you think. If you can't handle opinions, then why bother asking?

lordofthejewsjr

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2008
thats a good question
AngelicGreenTerror;2543974; said:
Calm yourself. First off, Auratus grows faster than a green terror. Green Terrors are slow growers and most likely by the time they reach full grown size, which i would doubt it in that tank. if you like new worlds so much more, than just keep new worlds and don't mix them. Green Terrors don't usually live up to their name. If you wanted things to work with new worlds, trade in the green terror, get something that can handle it owns like a breeding pair of convicts. Just to help out, and as earlier, calm yourself. I'm saying what I am for the better welfare of the fish, not for what you think. If you can't handle opinions, then why bother asking?
nicely said man:headbang2

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store