6’ Custom Oak Stand and Canopy – Salvaged Flooring

edtriou

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2007
Seattle, WA
Thanks everyone, I appreciate the kind words.

If you're interested in pics, here's some with the glass finally in. The tank took 4 of us to move into the house. Hardest part wasn't carrying it, but getting it into position around the oak trim. A little too much perfection on my part, designing the raised oak trim to be as close to the tank edging as possible, grin.

Although pics are without drawers, due to moving day...

The tank in the background, is my beloved planted 75g, which I was completely content with until I stumbled upon your projects on MFK.

As you can see it's a 'mega-flow'. Once I get some pics uploaded of the plumbing, I'll show you how I retro-fitted that to actually get 'mega' flow (beyond 1" drains). Although at the moment I'm still waiting for my water to cycle, 12 days and nothing yet...

Ed

jersey600

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2007
NJ, MD
is that's it's final location? looks like some of the drawers are blocked by the wall. and the tank is blocking a doorway?

otherwise it looks awesome. good job.

edtriou

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2007
Seattle, WA
duke33;1317439; said:
That is awesome! You will post pics when it cycles?
Will do.
In fact my plants just arrived today and I threw them into the cycling process.
Will take some pics this weekend.

BTW: I ordered from the following site, on a suggestion from this site as well. Overall very impressed, better quality and larger than anything I've been able to find locally.
http://www.aquariumgarden.com/index.php

Ed

edtriou

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2007
Seattle, WA
jersey600;1317428; said:
is that's it's final location? looks like some of the drawers are blocked by the wall. and the tank is blocking a doorway?

otherwise it looks awesome. good job.
LOL. :)

That's exactly what my wife said, "...how long is it going to be in our entry way?"
It was only there while painting the background. Those pics I do have...

Ed

edtriou

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2007
Seattle, WA
Still cycling, although finally saw some nitrites today, yes!

Here's a pic with the water in and 200 lbs of filter sand added, which has finally settled. I wasn't that happy with the sand color (in the bag anyway), as I had a hard time finding something closer to white. Although I stuck with it, and now actually seem to like it better. In the end, seems somewhere in the middle, more natural than white, and not so muddy as play sand (at least the stuff around here).

Well, it's growing on me anyway.

Ed

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store