600gal Fiberglass/Glass Tank - Edmonton AB - Delivery

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvermeulen

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2007
Los Osos, CA
NOTE: I am located in Fort St John, BC. If you are closeby we can talk about easier options, however I'm planning a road trip to Edmonton on Dec 20 and I can bring this tank with me if someone there is interested.

This is a timber and fiberglass aquarium with two glass sides. Footprint of the tank is 4 feet deep by 8 feet long (49"x97") and it is 32" tall so that it will fit through a normal doorway if turned sideways. About 1 foot at one end of the tank is divided off for use as an in-tank filter so that no external filtration is needed. This divider could be removed if you want the extra space for fish however.

I built this custom piece several years ago and it has been set up with a lone occupant for nearly 3 years now. Unfortunately it takes up too much space for me and I'm trying to down size. The outside wood grain, and is finished with black stain and polyurethane so it would look nice in any room that was large enough for it to fit nicely. The photos are not of excellent quality as unfortunately it's in my garage where the lighting is poor and it's difficult to get great photos - you can get a rough idea though. I am happy to dig up more photos and/or answer specific questions - please contact me with questions.

I am asking $1000 based on me bringing the tank to Edmonton. There is easily $1000 in materials in the tank, plus it will be a fairly significant pain for me to transport it. If buyer wants to work out some arrangements that make it easier to get out of my garage and into your hands, I am more than happy to come down on the price. I also have the sand, filter media and so on that I'm using with the tank. I just discovered that the 5 heaters I use to heat it have been recalled though so you may want to come up with your own temperature control scheme. Right now it is -1C in my garage and with 800watts of heaters in the tank it stays at 76F quite easily. If you keep this guy indoors it will require much less than that to heat.

One last thing - the tank currently has a 30-32" Tiger Shovel Nosed catfish in there. I can either include him with the tank or relocate him to another one of my tanks, but I much prefer that he go with the tank. If you are prepared to care for an animal like this, he's all yours - just don't plan on keeping anything with him as his last meal was a full grown Oscar that I thought was too big for him to hurt.

cvermeulen

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2007
Los Osos, CA

Redtailedcat

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2010
Ontario Canada
so close yet so far away if i could only afford the gas id be all over this. unless of course theres shipping. witch would kill me to i think?

twistedsnap

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2009
southern il
I think i followed your thread on the building of it. Truly a monster tank. Good luck with the sell

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Dan F

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2007
Oregon
I think i followed your thread on the building of it. Truly a monster tank. Good luck with the sell

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I remember this tank as well - I love the look, one of the nicest plywood DIYs I've seen on the forum. Someone is going to be getting a great deal!

cvermeulen

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2007
Los Osos, CA
so close yet so far away if i could only afford the gas id be all over this. unless of course theres shipping. witch would kill me to i think?
Yeah I think a 8000km round trip to pick up a tank might be excessive. I don't know about shipping... I know someone who is shipping her car from NYC to Reno for around $1000 though which is a similar distance.

cvermeulen

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2007
Los Osos, CA
Thanks for the kind words guys. I really like this tank, I'm just sick of my garage being this cramped little space. I'd love to see it go to a good home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store