7'x12' 1400 Gallon Plywood Stingray Pond

INTHECOWBOYSWETRUST

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2013
TOLEDO OHIO
John you are the man!!! I have watched and read both complete thread for this and the 10 x 14 pond you did and I love them both.. All I can say is you are either dirty rich or a singal man, or both!!!lol.. My wife would cut me up and feed me to those fish if I did 2 of these... Awesome job, great work on both of them, The only thing I wish you would have done different was to put a tape line on the acrylic sheets before you put the 795 on them to seal them in.. It would just look so much better and professional if it did not have that black all over the windows like that!!! Other then that you are the man and I would not have done anything different myself!!! GREAT WORK SIR......

northrebel

Candiru
MFK Member
May 20, 2012
london
Great build JohnG and very close in size to my first attempt at a plywood tank. I also keep rays and need an upgrade pretty soon. Would like your opinion on making the tank 4ft high using the same method. I intend on having one window and using 2 coats of fibreglass with matting

JohnG

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2010
Moses Lake, WA
A 4ft tall tank with this design should be fine, you might want to add more cross braces for support. You will also need a thicker window at 4ft. I don't recall the numbers on that, but if going acrylic probably going to be in the 1.5" area. I recommend fiberglass with matting on the seams, and then just fiberglass resin on the rest. Would also do more than 2 coats of resin, 5 or 6 coats of resin just to make it extra strong and avoid leaks.

marinerules

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2013
paragould arkansas
I wish one would already be complete like this with a 4 foot height. My concern for myself was the idea of the added pressure on the first several rows of screwed 2x4s. On my head the thought of 2x6s with extra screws and some lag bolts made me think it would make it ok

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store