7'x12' Plywood Build For My Rays

Silent Bob

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2011
Plainfield, IL
What about a stand? 2 x 4. Or 4 x 4 wood?

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
That was the stand lol. The entire build is out of 2x4's and plywood with the acrylic window.

My back is hurting just looking at that
It really is not that bad. Thats what a floor jack and some dollys are for. Once I move this thing it will sit till it is time to move.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
Lookin good!
I need a bigger garage so I can build one.
Cant wait to see more pics showing how you throw it together and how its sealed to hold in the water.

Silent Bob

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Lookin good!
I need a bigger garage so I can build one.
Cant wait to see more pics showing how you throw it together and how its sealed to hold in the water.
Thanks. I lost my parking spot to the tank. The wife gets the other side when I am done. I will give as good of a walk through as I can for you guys.

Silent Bob

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Done for the day. I will have to dig out my saw to start cutting boards. Overlapping the corners for more strength.
uploadfromtaptalk1380069001426.jpg

Reedmaster16

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2005
Ohio
Great progress! Are you waterproofing the interior same way John did or something new? Bolting the acrylic window or just using something like 795?

Silent Bob

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Looking solid bro

Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Wish I could have made it further.

Great progress! Are you waterproofing the interior same way John did or something new? Bolting the acrylic window or just using something like 795?
I am going to go a similar route in waterproofing the interior and will definitely be using 795 or equivalent for the acrylic. I have issues with punching holes to bolt acrylic in place. Just not something I want to do.

Should have more progress tonight.

Silent Bob

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Looks like it's going to be a nice build. What are your plans for heating it in the winter?
The garage is fully insulated and heated. I can cook myself out there with the heat on over winter. I usually keep it around 78 degrees. So with that running I was going to see how 2 1000w heaters can handle it over winter. With a couple more on standby if needed. This tank will all be tied to a Neptune Apex. I was able to run a 500w heater on my 800 gallon combined setup so we shall see how well it works without burning out heaters.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store