7x4x2 glass tank build

Fenton

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2013
Staffordshire, England
what sand did you use?
its the same sand that was in my 180 gal I couldn't face rinsing 6bags of it (150kg)!!!!!
Ive put a filter floss thing in the sump now iN addition to the 3 200 micron filter socs. I can see the back of the tank now just about. I think it will clear by next week/end of the weekend. I'll post pics once it's acceptable. The fish are loving it though. I've spoke to rich at wharf and he says it won't harm them. My baby Leo is on a growth spirt already.

Fenton

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2013
Staffordshire, England
Add some 100 micron or 50 micron felt and it should clear.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I did that a few days ago and below is the results... I do have a new problem though, mould!!! Within a week it's started to develop on the lid. I'm thinking to cut a hole in the middle of the lid that doesn't open and put in a dehumidifier? The lid is only about 2feet from my ceiling so I don't want to only drill in some vent like on my 180gal or I feel like the mould leave the lid and be on the ceiling. Any input or less electricity using ideas are welcomed.

Fenton

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2013
Staffordshire, England
So it a even clearer now. The pic above show how cloudy it is through the 7foot side now also the k1 filter is hooked up. So hopefully in a few weeks I'll have crystal clear water that amazingly established chemically. Can't wait. All the fish have had huge growth spurts. Can't wait for my Leo x bd get to a mature size. He's only about 6-7 months old so I have some waiting yet. My motoro though has gained about 1.5 inches in a week. Hopefully a sign of good things to come.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store